What is your favorite flavor of glucose tablet?

Not that I think that any of them are *good*, but I guess grape is my favorite.  :-)

(I just had a bg of 60, and ate a couple raspberry flavored ones....eh.)

I would have to say that grape is my favorite to.

So far the only one's I don't love is the mixed tropical fruit or whatever its called.  Now raspberry is one I've never heard of, I'll have to track some down.  What brand is it?  Where did you buy it?

Oh, yeah, I don't like the tropical ones at all.

I bought the raspberry ones at walgreen's....they are the generic walgreen's brand.

Grape! Raspberry is good too. Basically anything but orange haha

I also am a fan of grape and I used to avoid tropical fruit like the plague. That was until recently. I had to buy Duane Reade tropical fruit tabs out of necessity and limited choice, and man oh man, i must say that these are tasty treats. I look forward to getting low now. Not really, but they are much better than many other flavors. To be honest, I find that it really matters on the pharmacy I go to. Rite aid tabs, in my opinion, are usually trash. CVS was my tab store until duane reade as of recently.

Definitely fruit punch. I absolutely hate orange and grape and citrus.... eeew!

i hateeeeeeeeee the bg 1s i only eat the dex4 they actualy dont taste tht bad i think fruit punch is the bedst

I hate all glucose tabs, except for the square white BD ones that are supposedly orange flavored but don't taste like it.  Those are actually really, really good!  When I have to eat the Dex4 or CVS ones I like raspberry the most.   

I am definitely partial to the raspberry Dex4 ones from Walgreens.  They are kinda tangy and I actually enjoy them lol.

I'm new to this whole diabetes thing. Is there a benefit to using glucose tablets instead of something like a fun size pack of skittles?

The Reli-On brand Fruit Punch.

[quote user="Cristina"]

I'm new to this whole diabetes thing. Is there a benefit to using glucose tablets instead of something like a fun size pack of skittles?

[/quote]

I'm a fruit punch fan too!  And Cristina, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but glucose gives you the ability to get more or less sugar depending on how low you are.  And they work really fast, although I've never tried using Skittles, so I can't swear that the tabs are faster.  Plus, they last forever and are really portable.  I have a tube everywhere--in my purse, in the car, at work...

Hope this helps!

Just me but if I am low they all taste good. Super munchies!! LOL  And my answer on the skittles or glucose tabs. Both work just as well as each other for me. I use lows to eat what ever I usually don't eat like,  cheesecake, pie, cookies (really like these got simple and complex carbs), etc...  

bahhh... i cant eat them. they gross me out. i always keep a little juice box and other such things in my purse to use when my sugar goes low. and im a really big junk food eater... so, since we cant really have it all the time- i wait til my sugar goes low, and use that as my "excuse" to eat some junk food.. haha (little debbie cupcakes, reeses peanut butter cup... etc) :)

I try to get ahold of juice when I'm low. The tabs tend to dry my mouth out, and get all powdery (lol). But when I have to reach for tabs, I go for the orange flavor (usually CVS brand). I tried the fruit punch before and did not care for them at all :P Weird taste. Grape is also ok.

CVS brand butterscotch flavor are by far the most delicious. Also, mentos. 

Mentos are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grape is my favorite even though i dont always like to eat them when im low!!

The sour apple ones are my favorite but they are hard to find. I usually find them at Walmart, but they don't ever have them in a big bottle, just the little tubes so I don't buy them very often....but they are definately the best flavor! Otherwise I get the raspberry ones from CVS and those are not bad.

[quote user="Cristina"]

[/quote]

Supposedly glucose tabs raise blood sugar faster because unlike Skittles, which contain sucrose (glucose + fructose), glucose is a monosaccharide and doesn't have to be digested in the small intestine (sucrose has to be broken down into glucose and fructose).  However, I haven't found glucose tabs to work much faster than other forms of sugar, and they taste awful, so I usually opt for something else ;)