What's your favorite way to treat hypoglycemia?

Just curious what others do...  I tend to go with raspberry-flavored glucose tabs, or if I have them on hand, Target brand organic fruit strips.

I keep juice and fruit around my house at all times.  I don't like to raise my blood sugar strictly by juice because it's easy to panic and go overboard. So I'll drink a little juice to stop the panicky feelings and then eat an apple or banana.

I think glucose tabs taste gross. Fruit strips sound like a good idea.I like Larabars too.

Basically I prefer eating something natural that will sustain my blood sugar rather than go on a roller coaster ride with liquid sugar alternatives. 

I use Walgreen's Glucose Tabs if I'm really low (<50mg/dl), otherwise a small glass of orange juice works fine.  I do like Welch's Fruit Snacks-- I think they're 19 carbs per pack.  Larabars?  I had to Google that one.  They look good.

I like Capri Sun's or lifesavers.

[quote user="Kim"]

Just curious what others do...  I tend to go with raspberry-flavored glucose tabs, or if I have them on hand, Target brand organic fruit strips.

[/quote]

For me what ever is handy. My last low was treated with cheesecake.LOL

I have some glucose confectionary, Siripiri, from Finland. There are various flavours and they melt in the mouth without much chewing. They work really effectively to correct sugars quickly.

perferably berry flavored Juicy Juice and Cheese Peanut Butter Crackers

[quote user="plaidjack"]

I think glucose tabs taste gross. Fruit strips sound like a good idea.I like Larabars too.

[/quote]

I used to eat Larabars, but I've never used them to treat lows.  It probably depends what kind you use though, because the Cashew Cookie ones are higher in fat, for instance. 

I second the hatred to glucose tabs, but if I'm at school or away from home I use them.  At my mom's house, I tend to use lemonade or iced tea, and at my dad's house I use caramels (semi-enjoying of lows, LOL).

I always hated glucose tabs as a kid - probably because they weren't flavored back then.  The flavored ones taste a lot like Smarties candy to me, so I don't mind them too much!  Plus, when I'm low enough to eat one, I'm not too picky on what it tastes like....  I just need sugar, NOW!!!

Haha Kim, maybe I'm weird but I actually LIKE the plain glucose tabs.  The BD ones (supposedly orange but not really) are SO DELICIOUS! 

But I think that the circular, flavored/dyed kind is horrible.

I guess one woman's "horrible" is another woman's "delicious"!  :D

When I am low, I either drink orange juice or gatorade and always make sure that I have glucose tablets or peanut butter crackers nearby! :)

whatever food i can get in a hurry, cuz life is so busy... and if i'm home whatever is in the house... i need to buy groceries more often... and it might be a good idea to treat my lows with something i'm not particularly fond of, cuz i frequently overdo it and end up high... eep!

Juice

I eat sour patch kids. I piece= 3 carbs. They are good portioned so I can come up to a level accurately . . . and they are very tasty.

COTTON CANDY. The containers from Giant. If you eat 1/4 of the container, it's 15g fast-acting carbs! Yum!

If that's not handy then glucose tabs.

i will shove in my mouth whatever is closest and not poisonous. i'm not picky at all. :o)

Juice or raisins

If possible, a nice, tall, cold glass of choclate milk!! tasty..but if not that i usually rock some cheese crackers from my truck or where ever i may be...

Glucose tabs never work for me.. so i stick with juice or crackers and chocolate :) haah