T1D lonliness

Hello, I just barely found this site and I think it is great! I’m an 11-year-old and I’ve been diagnosed with T1D for 3 years. No one at my school my age has T1D so I’m alone in the Diabetic world. If anyone is out there to talk about their T1D expiriences and problems, I’d love to hear about it!

Hi Eliza @ElizitaT1D, I’m happy that you found us and A Warm Welcome to TypeOneNation! This is a community of people like you living with diabetes that offers support and some helpful suggestions to make our life better.

I know what it is like not knowing anyone else with TypeOne with whom to talk and learn - I had diabetes for over 20 years before I met another person with whom I could share tips and a little “how to” - and that was over 40 years ago. A way you might be able to meet some people with whom you can talk and share is by attending some diabetes activities in your area - the JDRF hosts many functions all over the world; you can find us by clicking the “Events” Tab at the top of this page and then selecting “JDRF Near You”. Enter your city and country and you will see locations and contact information for Chapters in your area - don’t be afraid, you or your parent can contact these folks you can trust. There are very active teen and young adult groups in my area.

I know you can also find “friends” on here who can talk and share with you, offering support and understanding in your native language.

Hey Eliza!!

As Dennis said, A Warm Welcome to TypeOneNation to you! I am super happy you found us and I hope that maybe we can grow closer to each other! My name is Cassidy and I am 13 years old I have been diabetic for 8 years and like you also there is no one in my school or that I know around my community with T1D I would love to chat with you anytime! And I hope to hear from you really soon!!

Cassidy