Looking for community

Hello!
I am 19 and have been T1D for about 3 1/2 years. I was just wondering if there is a chat group for people around my age with T1D. I would love to connect with people and make some friends! I am the only type 1 that I know in my daily life, so havin some type 1 friends would be really nice!
Thank you!

Hi Danie!!

My name is Cassidy and I am 13 years old and I have been diabetic for 8 years! I would love to get to know you better and become friends I know our age difference is a bit off but feel free to message me whenever I would love to hear from you sometime soon!

Cassidy

Hi Danie @Nellialou & Cassidy @cassin24 it would be nice if you get to know each other and share. I too can be around if you have questions - yet I’m quite a bit older. I visit this site a few times every day. I know what it is like not having someone who understands TypeOne - it was twenty-five years before I met someone with whom I could relate and then it was the teen aged baby sitter who was looking after our kids.

A way to meet other people in your area who have TypeOne is by asking in your nearby JDRF Chapter by clicking the “Events” Tab at the top of this page and checking “JDRF Near You”. I know that in my area [Bradenton / Sarasota, Florida] there is both a teen group and a young adult [18 to 35] group each meeting a couple of times a month. You may find some people you enjoy.

Hello Cassidy and Dennis!
Thank you both for responding :blush:.
I have looked into the JDRF groups in CO but the closest one is still pretty far south for me to drive. I have been trying to get a group established up in northern CO but it is really slow going.

Danie @Nellialou, others like you who live in less densely populated areas have told me about frustrations in finding someone who really lives with diabetes with whom they can exchange ideas. I don’t know if you are near any college or university where there may be a branch of College Diabetes Network [https://collegediabetesnetwork.org/].

The outreach coordinator at JDRF or at JDRF Chapter could possibly help you to find someone - and I expect others here will contact you.

Hi!! I’m Abby; I’m 16 and I’ve had T1D since I was 7. I’d love to chat with you! I’ve created a few different group chats for teens with T1–if you want to join, please message me and we can exchange contact info! :slight_smile:

Hi Danie
I’m Ashley I’m 28 years old and I have had diabetes for nine years. It would be awesome to connect and talk about the challenges and support with having TIDM
Thanks

Hey Danie! I’m Bella- I’m almost 18 years old. I was just diagnosed a little over two months ago and have been looking for type ones to connect with! Let me know if you want to exchange contact info! (Also- idk if you ride but I do! Curious because I’m 99% sure that’s a horse in your pic.)