Has Anyone Experienced This?

Hey, so I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but here it goes haha I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this or knows what the problem could be....

so the past few days almost everytime after i eat i feel nautious, moreso at night, but even after lunch i get that feeling in my stomach like i have to puke.  I'm not eating anything out of the normal but i did just start my second year of college last week..and although i am adjusting to things here at school, i have tried to eat like i do at home and on the same schedule.  So if anyone has experience that nautious feeling after eating, or has any insight as to what is wrong i would greatly appreciate it! thanks everyone!!=)

GI issues are def. a common problem in T1's. You were dx'ed so recently that I doubt it's gastroparesis. But, if it continues, it may not hurt to see a GI dr in case it's something else.

Hopefully it's just a stomach bug that will pass!

Hi! I had major issues with my stomach being upset...it started slowly like every once in a while then it graduated to all the time - to the point I couldn't get out of bed!

It turned out to be the vitamin mixtures I was taking...I was taking several different onces, but my endo said she thought it was the flaxseed oil that was causing it.  I'm back on a multi, calcium, and vitamin d and that's all.  I'm real hesitant to add anything else because that nautious feeling was so terrible!

It took a couple of days being off everything before I felt better.

Don't know if you are taking vitamins but I sure had a problem with it!

Good luck to you!  Kathy

you're not pregnant are you?

i can assure you im am NOT pregnant hahaha

i had MAJOR issues as well with my stomah the first year i was diagnosed (my 2nd year in college) is it actually common in T1s?

I occasionally experience this. Last night about 30 minutes after eating some popcorn I started to get very nauseous. I checked my sugar and it was 110, so it wasn't a sugar problem. I don't have any GI problems and consider myself to be a pretty healthy eater. I don't have an answer for you, but you are not alone in the experience.

thanks for the input everyone...good to know im not the only one with this problem!!

I don't know of this is anything like your problem, but if I wake up early (which is every day during the school year), then I feel extremely nauseous. As soon as I wake up I feel like I'm going to throw up. The feeling eventually goes away after I've been awake for about an hour, but for some reason I feel really sick for the first hour I'm up. This only happens when I wake up early, though (like before 8:30). I can never eat breakfast because of this, either, because I feel like I won't be able to keep it down. This results in me almost never eating breakfast before school. Of course, once the sick feeling goes away, I'm starving!

Extended high blood sugars

my sugars havent been high, theyve been really good actually but thanksfor the suggestion

I've had this happen about everyday since school started too! I feel nauseous in the mornings and at night. I was diagnosed recently and am starting my second year of college. Ha, maybe it has something to do with starting your second year of college? :)

[quote user="Sarah"]

I don't know of this is anything like your problem, but if I wake up early (which is every day during the school year), then I feel extremely nauseous. As soon as I wake up I feel like I'm going to throw up. The feeling eventually goes away after I've been awake for about an hour, but for some reason I feel really sick for the first hour I'm up. This only happens when I wake up early, though (like before 8:30). I can never eat breakfast because of this, either, because I feel like I won't be able to keep it down. This results in me almost never eating breakfast before school. Of course, once the sick feeling goes away, I'm starving!

[/quote]

I used to have that same problem, Sarah. Since I've gotten older, it's gone away. (Of course, other problems have appeared, lol.) I always made sure to take any medicines before bed instead of in the am which helped. Otherwise, I just drank some juice if I was low and couldn't eat anything. I ate breakfast later, like in the car arriving at school.

I sometimes get a stomache if my sugar drops to fast, if I eat too much sugar free foods, extended high blood sugar (even though you said your bgs are good) my first year of college I had some very bad problems (my A1C jumped to 9.4) but never stomach issues.