Where are you from?

I am almost 19 and I am looking for friends in my area that have type 1 diabetes. So I was wondering where are you all from?

Ashley,

I think i'm in the wrong demographic but have you checked for JDRF activities in your area?  I know I've met (and continue to meet) a number of really great people at their events.

Cheers!

A-D

Hey, Ashley, I'm originally from the Boston area but now I'm in Western, MA. And A-D (wish I could tag names), where can I find more about these JDRF activities??

Elie,

The Western MA info I could find readily was available at: www.jdrf.org/index.cfm

I expect you may find either a local chapter web page or some other information outlets through them - I'd give the local chapter a call and find out what all they have happening and see what if any of the options seems like it may be interesting.

Have fun :)

Cheers!

A-D

Hey Ashley!

I'm from Long Island New York.  I understand what you mean, I want to do the same thing!

Hi All,

I'm in Woodland, CA. Anyone in the vacinity?

I'm blessed to be living in Oklahoma, where summer starts in June, we don't have fireflies, we have "lightnin bugs", we don’t have mud bugs or crawfish we have "crawdads", meat and "taters" is mandatory, ya'll is a proper noun, chicken is always fried, biscuits comes with gravy, sweet tea is the house wine, and you would never ever disrespect your elders.

I am from Tennesee:)

I am "betwixt" Tampa and Orlando in this here sunshine state, oh by the way we are expecting rain today.

Im from North carolina!

I'm in Houston, TX where it's hotter than hell right now!

Phoenix, Arizona!  If anyone in this group is looking to meet up, check out our JDRF Chapter at www.jdrfdsw.org/outreach_type_one.html.  

I'm from Pittsburgh, PA :)

I'm from Schaumburg, IL.

Hey Ashley

Hey Ashley, I was just diagnosed a few months back with type 1 at the age of 43 and I’m from Littleton, Colorado.

Hey Ashley,

I was diagnosed in June 1996 when I was 11 (which I believe means that I am now 26. :-) I am now living in Everett, WA.

Brian - I am originally from Littleton!! :-)

-Elisabeth

Humble, Texas. I used to live in Houston, Texas. That's where I was diagnosed at the age of 13 in 1999, I'm 25 now.

I am 55 LOL in Moreno Valley , California!!

Tulsa, OK  

Born in MN, grew up in CO and also lived in Chicago a few years as an adult.