Support group/friends for My daughter

Hi, im new to the group. I have a 13yr old daughter. We have known for almost 2yrs now that she has Type1D. Im trying to find people her age that she could relate to. Some one to talk to about things she domt understand. Thanks for the help

Hi!
I’m Abby; I’m 15 and I’ve had T1 since I was 7. I’d absolutely love to talk to your daughter! Please feel free to give her my email (abigaelparrish13@gmail.com). In addition, if she has a Snapchat, I’d love to add her to my T1 Teens group chat! We currently have 11 members, and it’s a great way to connect with other teenagers who know what it’s like to live with T1.
I look forward to getting to know your daughter! :slight_smile:

Hi. My daughter is 12 and she is looking to connect with other kids her age that have T1D. She would love to join that group on Snapchat.

1 Like

Awesome! Please have her add me at bookwormnerd13 and I’ll get her in the group right away!

Diabetic summer camp is great. Ask your doctor and look online to find one in your region.

Hey I am a teen with T1, if she needs a support group, I recommend Instagram! I actually have an account that is just about my life with T1 if she wants to check it out. I know how it feels to be growing up a little different, but she is totally not alone in this. She can shoot me a DM whenever she needs to talk about T1! My Instagram account is @team_noellie_bellies :heart:️

Also, link in with JDRF! For the past 8-9 years my family and I have designed T-shirts and sold them for the One Walk. We have raised nearly $20,000 through the Walk, and have made lifelong connections with other T1 families in our area! :heart:️

I would love to be added to that sc group, my user’s @Nochillisabella

Hi! My dear daughter was just diagnosed a week ago, but she’s only 10. Any ideas on who to network with? We feel so isolated, no one coming forward in our area. She has soooo many questions, and we are doing well with answers, but she needs others her age to relate to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Crystal @cdmcwilliams,
I feel for you, and for your daughter, as you begin living with and managing diabetes - but you will succeed. True, you will need to adopt a new awareness but that will become second nature to your daughter and she will know that she can reach her dreams and not hold back “just because” she has diabetes - diabetes can be successfully managed to fit lifestyle. I’ve been living a good life, accomplishing whatever I’ve dreamed while successfully managing my diabetes for more than 60 years.

Now about your daughter getting to meet and know other folks, especially those near her age, who are living with diabetes. JDRF [jdrf.org] sponsors local chapters in many locations - I meet with a group locally that is made up mostly of parents and grandparents of young children looking for suggestions and, more importantly, encouragement and support. Check also the “Events” tab at the top of this page. JDRF and American Diabetes Association [diabetes.org] sponsor walks and other events all over the place - these are really great places to meet people of all ages and families living with diabetes.