Newly diagnosed tween

Hi! My daughter just got diagnosed with T1D a month ago. She would love to connect with others and make friends.
She is almost 12. Does anybody know if there are any virtual chat groups?

Hi @Beatew! I’m Abby; I’ve had T1D for 10 years. I’ve created a few different group chats for tweens/teens with T1, and I’d love to add your daughter to one of them! Pm me and we can exchange contact info. :slight_smile:

Hi!

That sounds great. How are the kids chatting? Text? On the Forum? What’s app?
She doesn’t have social media accounts yet.

Thanks!

My daughter, Sofia would love to connect! She is 11 and diagnosed 4 months ago. We need all the help we can get!

1 Like

My 9 yr old. daughter(will be 10 in March :blush:) was diagnosed on 9/24/18, but in our small town, her being the only T1D at school she feels "different ". Would love to get her connecting with others, whether it be chat/video chat, Roblox or even letters in the mail. This would definitely brighten up the days. :heart:

I have a son who is 13 he was diagnosed in 2014 and he could really use some friends & social group his age so I would love some information about the chat group . Thank you so
Much

Hi my name is Grace, I am 13 and I was also just recently diagnosed. But I did want to say that JDRF does have virtual calls between kids that are around her age and with T1D. I hope this helped and good luck :+1: