Need a friend who understands

Hi, my name is kaylee. I live in utah, I am 14 years old, I have been a t1d for about 5 years now, and I still have no diabetic friends. I just want to make some new friends that truly understands what it’s like, and maybe help others with the stressful and emotional rollercoaster that comes with diabetes. Let me know if you wanna talk!

Hi Kaylee!! I’m not ur age but I can relate to needing a T1D friend!! It’s a tough diagnosis and we need to be on top of it day after day!! I know what ur going thru and I was just diagnosed in 2013, six yrs ago so I know what it’s like to live ur life one day only to find out u need to change everything and add new glucose monitoring to ur schedule!!

I’m happy to be ur friend but I’m guessing u’d like someone close to ur age!! But I just wanted to tell u ur not alone & we totally get it!! Good luck finding a friend close in age to u!! If u can’t find anyone, message me!! I’ll be ur friend!! HUGS!!!

1 Like

Hey sandy, I’d have no problem with being your friend. I think it would be great!! If you wanna talk sometime I could give you my number or my email or something.

Hi, Kaylee. I have a daughter that is 12 that is T1D. She is not old enough for an account, but I can have her send simple messages on here.

Hi Kaylee,

My name is Lila and I’m 11 years old. I was diagnosed about a year ago and I don’t have any T1D friends. I would love to get in contact with you. Here’s my email puggly234@gmail.com. You can email or text to that. I hope I hear from you!

Hi Brian! I would love to get in contact with her! If you want, she can email me anytime. Khackwell9@gmail.com

Hello, my son is 15 and he was diagnosed 8 months ago at age 14. I think he is really struggling with it all right now and could sure use a friend that totally gets it. I found this site because I’m trying to find ways to help him figure this all out. I will mention the site to him.

Hi Linda! I would love to get in contact with him. I currently don’t have a phone, but he is more than welcome to email me at Khackwell9@gmail.com I would really like to help him with all of this. I know how hard all of this is.

I will certainly pass along your info. Not sure he will ever get up the nerve to reach out. But I’ll discuss it with him.

If he is to nervous to reach out, I would be happy to reach out to him. If, of course, that’s okay. I just know that sending the first message can be really surprisingly hard. And it helps if the other person sends it first.

1 Like

Either way, I totally understand. :blush:

I would love to have contact with you and share our coping ways

Hi I’m ViviAnn, I was diagnosed May 15 2017, I am 14. I would love to help your son to cope, if that’s ok here is my email and if you / he would like he can email me ~ viviann12056@gmail.com if he doesn’t want to reach out I would be ok with doing it first. Within the first couple of months it can be very hard we all need some people to talk with about what’s going on .

Hey guys, I’m Zoe, I’m 13, and I’ve had t1d for almost 5 years. I’d love to talk to other diabetics close to my age, so if you guys wanna talk, my email is zoer0628@gmail.com, and my snap is @zoe_r6948.

My daughter is 16 years old with t1ds. If you would like to be her pen pal email kitaismyangel04@gmail.com