Teens topics

@TypeWonderful @bookwormnerd13 @allisonhurtt @Alysonross @FennecfoxForever @_laney @Alysonross @Davidbermudez @Lilly @surfergirl @kath2345 @surfergirl @sugarbug1022

This is an open “topic” that should be at the top of the “Coping and Support” Community.

For the general T1N community - PLEASE do not post here if you are not a Teen or young adult.

@Dennis and I (your friendly volunteer moderators) will only deal with problems and not subject matter.

4 Likes

Hey y’all!! I’m Abby, 16 years old, diagnosed age 7, from Chicago. How’s everyone doing??

im 16, diagnosed at 4, 6 days before my 5th birthday. From ohio :slight_smile:

18, diagnosed for two years.

I’m 17 and I’ve been a T1D for 8 months :smiley:

My name is Briana I am 16 I was 11 when I became a diabetic

I was 6 and have been for 7 yrs.

Hi Guys!!

My name is Cassidy I am 13 years old and became diabetic when I was 6 yrs.

Happy World Diabetes Month y’all!!

Hi katherine i’m Aireana i’m 15 and i was diagnosed 3/4 years ago and i’m also from ohio

I’m Alyssa, I’m 15 from washington… and really want diabetic friends because I don’t have any right now and don’t really have anyone to talk to… my snap is alysssahyaaatt my insta is spiffy.lys and my email is alyssadenny253@gmail.com

Hey I’m Ashley and I’m 14 I was diagnosed at 13. I actually don’t have any good friend that have diabetes so yeah. I’m also a dancer.

2 Likes

Hi, @ashleybugdancer08
I’m Chloe
I’m also 14 (15 in March)
Would you like to connect?
If so just private message me :slight_smile:

Hi there! I’m grace, I’m 13 yrs old. I was diagnosed December 21 2015, at age 10 right before Christmas. I’m from seattle

Hey y’all! Does anyone have any tips for dealing with teachers who aren’t very understanding of T1D? I had a pretty bad experience the other day with a teacher who wouldn’t let me eat during class and, when I told her I have a 504 plan, was super annoyed because (in her words) “you should’ve dealt with this earlier”. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences :slight_smile:

Yes
At one point I’ve been almost sent out of class because I was checking my level. Apparently that equates to playing on my phone (I have a CGM).

Honestly, when I was in high I would just talk about to them and tell them I have type 1 diabetes. But, I feel that most teachers would understand if you let them know start of the semester. Im currently in freshmen in college who don’t care what you do.

Hi, I’m 16, was diagnosed when I was 15 couple days before I turned 16, anyways I live in Washington too! In Spokane area. My email is: phebelyn23@gmail.com if u want to talk!:blush:

Heyy Im Shay. Im 19, 11 years t1d strong, diagnosed at 8. University of North Carolina Wilmington clinical research
student

I had a proctor try to take my pump off of me during an AP test when I was in a special room with only other diabetics. I felt like they hadn’t even been trained on why I was in a room separate from all my other peers and it was VERY frustrating.