I'm new :)

my name's ashley and i am new to juvenation! but i've never had much contact with other diabetics so this is all new to me.

although i am new to the site, i'm not so new to type 1. i'm 15 years old and i was diagnosed in january of 2000 when i was 4, so it has been almost 11 years for me.

add me on here or on facebook, i'd love to be in contact with everyone here. i found a link to this website on JDRF a few days ago and the forums have been very helpful so far and i'd really like to get involved!

- Ashley

Ashley,

Welcome to Juvenation, we have a great group here! If you need anything let me know and I would be happy to help in anyway I can!

Welcome Ashley!  Glad you're here!

So wonderful to see you on Juvenation, Ashley! You picked the best place to come for friendship, support, and information. Welcome to the site, and let us know if we can do anything for you :o)

Welcome to Juvenation!  I am also new to juvenation.  I am 23 and have been a type 1 diabetic since I waas 16.  Nice to meet you.

Hey Ashley-

I also developed diabetes when I was 4.  I'm 37 now and have a great husband and son and busy job.  I love traveling and in my  younger days camped and kayaked a lot (now I'm kind of a middle aged mom with an office job!). 

Take care and know you're in good company.

-Jenna

Welcome Ashley. A little about me. LOL I am a newbie compared to you, dx'ed 8/2008 The big difference is I did it at age 52. So glad you found Juvenation!!!

Hi Ashley, welcome I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6. After 65 years of type 1 I am very healthy. With good control we can have long, healthy lives. Please join the conversations and make yourself at home.

Richard

Welcome to Juvenation Ashley and Stefani too !

Hi, Ashley, I am new myself... I was dignosed October of 2009, I been doing very good... so they say... My A1C was 14.9... now its down to 5.1, 5.5 in that range. I'm only taking my 24 hr shot and one met forman or should be each day :) I was taking 5 or 6 shots a day at first then but not no more:) ttyl: John

My name is Meghann and I live in Ohio. I was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes after getting over the chicken pox in 1990 at 4 1/2 years old. My BG in the ER was over 600 and I was dehydrated; there is NO endocrine care in Sandusky, OH, so I was transported to Toledo (about an hour away) by helicopter and stayed at the St. Mercy Children's Hospital for about 2 weeks (Dec. 6 ~ Dec. 15, 1990). All right before Christmas. I didn't know what the hell was going on, and my parents sure didn't have a clue either. It's really strange because I am the only one in my family with the disease. I am a complete LONER!!!!! I have one friend who has juvenile diabetes, but we live so far apart, we rarely communicate.

BE MY FRIEND :)

[quote user="Meghann"]

My name is Meghann and I live in Ohio. I was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes after getting over the chicken pox in 1990 at 4 1/2 years old. My BG in the ER was over 600 and I was dehydrated; there is NO endocrine care in Sandusky, OH, so I was transported to Toledo (about an hour away) by helicopter and stayed at the St. Mercy Children's Hospital for about 2 weeks (Dec. 6 ~ Dec. 15, 1990). All right before Christmas. I didn't know what the hell was going on, and my parents sure didn't have a clue either. It's really strange because I am the only one in my family with the disease. I am a complete LONER!!!!! I have one friend who has juvenile diabetes, but we live so far apart, we rarely communicate.

BE MY FRIEND :)

[/quote]

Welcome Meghann,

Hey, I am the only one in my family with type1 also!!! So special to be #1 LOL Oh, One difference I did it at 52 in ER with bs over 600. Small world.

that's crazy how similar your story is to mine!! i had the flu right before i was diagnosed so i was sick all through christmas time and no one knew what exactly was wrong. and i was also about 4 1/2 when i was diagnosed!

I'm new as well, I was dignosed in August

[quote user="Mathew Guy"]

I'm new as well, I was dignosed in August

[/quote]

Welcome Mathew,

I was dx'ed in Aug. also just in 2008 and 52 years old. LOL You found a good place to be!!