I’m a teenager with T1D

My names Adriana. I’m 14 years old and I was diagnosed with diabetes August of last year. Recently I’ve noticed that I have been loosing my grip on diabetes and letting it get the better of me. So I was wondering if their are any other teenagers who would like to communicate and support each other. I think it would help me out and a lot others if the support was there. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi! I am Brynn and I am also 14 I was just recently diagnosed in January. I would love to talk to someone else about diabetes and just regular life!

2 Likes

I would love to talk to you! If you have Snapchat mine is adrianagardner 1

Hey Adriana!! I’m Abby; I’m 17 years old and I’ve had T1D since I was 7.
First of all–I’m so glad you’ve found this website! It’s a great place to ask questions, give advice, and connect with other PWD. Welcome!
I have several group chats of teens with T1D, and I would love to add you to one. Pm me and we can exchange contact info! I can’t wait to chat with you.

Hi @AdrianaTheDiabetic, I’m 26 but I’m launching a T1D podcast in the next couple weeks with my 16-year-old co-host. I can put you in touch with her if you’d like. She’s had diabetes for 8 years. Both of us are frustrated with the lack of support networks in our area and want to build a better community around it.

my daughter is 15 and would like to have help maybe I can give you her snap chat?

Oh I would love to talk to her! My Snapchat is adrianagardner1

1 Like

Passed on your info! Also, the podcast is now available and we’re posting regular episodes on Tuesdays. It’s called This is Type 1.

Hey! I’m 15 years old and have had diabetes for 11 years! If you would like to just talk to somebody then my Snapchat is sam_link04

Hi Sam @SamLink22! Welcome to TypeOneNation–I’m glad you’ve found us!! This site is a great place to meet other folks with T1D.
I’ve just added you on snap and if you’re interested, I’d love to add you to one of my T1 teen group chats! I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi my name is ViviAnn I am 13, i was diagnosed may 14 2017 I would love to make a T1D group chat !!

I am not aloud to have snap till I’m 17 sooo

1 Like

Hey I’m 16 and I was diagnosed this January too on the 18th. I would love to email or text if u want.:blush:

Hey my name is Row and I’ve been diagnosed for 4 years (I’m also 14) and I would love to chat with you and give some advice.

Hey @HiimRow! Welcome to TypeOneNation, I’m so glad you found this site!! It’s a great place to ask questions and make connections with other PWD. I’m Abby; 17 years old and diagnosed at 7. If you ever wanna chat, pm me and we can trade contact info!

Hey @AdrianaTheDiabetic Adriana! I am also 14. I have been T1D for 8 years. If you ever need to chat, feel free to email me (523335@putnamcountyr1.net) or reach out to me on here. :slight_smile:

viviann12056@gmail.com

Hi, I’m Sarah I’ve had diabetes for 6 years I’m 15 and I live in Australia :blush:

Hey I’m Rita and I’m 15, I’ve been diabetic for almost five years I am always here if you need anything.

Hi my name is Skyla and I am almost 16 I have had diabetes for 6 years and I would love to get in touch and talk with other teens with diabetes.