Hypoglycemia and nightmares

Quite often I wake up from terrible terrible nightmares and been low. I have  always attributed the nightmare to the low blood sugar, but who knows!

GOOD QUESTION. HYPOGLYCEMIA CAUSES NIGHTMARES. BEFORE I FOUND OUT I HAD DIABETES, I WUD GET NIGHTMARES EVERY WEEK. WHO WOULD THINK THAT IT WAS DUE TO MY DIABETES? LOL BUT NOW THAT IM ON INSULIN, I HAVENT HAD A NIGHTMARE :) AND ONE SYMPTOM OF HYPOGLYCEMIA IS HAVING NIGHTMARES.

I actually have the opposite. If I wake up with a low, treat it, then fall back asleep; those are usually the worst nightmares ever. 

I don't really understand it, and never made the connection until reading your post. But maybe one DOES have something to do with the other. 

I have had the most incredible and at the same time most disturbing nightmares whilst hypo. I cannot begin to describe the stories I have put together in my mind that would sure to be a number 1 fantasy screen play. I also have had a feeling of being slightly behind time and reality when I wake after the screen play has culminated in a frightening conclusion of perhaps me being the only creature on earth or the holder of the font of all wisdom.

I feel an almost déjà vu as I descend the stairs of my house into the Kitchen to get to the Jelly beans. I have accused my wife of being the devil, I have designed the forward evolution of humanity, I have been the last human on the planet and have understood the deep laws of physics, all with a BSL less than 3mmol/l.  Scary

I've been having recurring nightmares, and the amount of lows i have just before going to bed, or during the night has increased so much lately!

i think there might be something to it...