Friends?

Hey there! My name is Maria, I’m 16 and have had T1D for a year and a half now. I live in Arizona but I attend and online high school. As you can imagine I don’t know too many kids by going online, and the people I do know are very insensitive to my diabetes. Not to mention I am the only one in my family who has it. So, I’m just trying to meet other diabetics and hopefully become friends. It’s best to reach me an my facebook account, (Maria Hirshouer) and yeah…thanks my insulin siblings :slight_smile:

Hey Maria! I totally feel for you! I was diagnosed a year and a half ago as well and I’m also the only one in my family who has T1D. I only know a few people who have diabetes since NOBODY at my school does. I get so tired of people making fun of diabetes especially since most of them don’t even know what they’re talking about so I totally feel your pain! I’m always willing to talk if you need someone who understands what you’re going through!
Emily

Hey! I am literally in the exact same position. I was diagnosed in May of this past year. I am currently doing online school at Prima Vera Online High School. I am the only one in my family with T1D. And I’ve been looking for someone to talk to. Feel free to contact me!

hi Maria, I feel for you. I have had TD1 for almost five years now. It is hard to deal with this. Something to keep in your head all the time “never let it beat you.” I think this all the time. The only thing I would be carful about is DKA. that really sucks. I have had two in the past year. I f you need anyone to talk to you can contact me on this. I hope you have a Great day!