Dexcom Overpatches for Sensitive Skin?

Hi All,
I was just reading the post about affordable overpatches for Dexcom G6. I have tried the free ones, but I break out too much from them even if using skin prep before applying. Does anyone know if there is an overpatch for sensitive skin? I’d really like to use one as I currently try to tape down the adhesive when it starts to peel up, with only partial success. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Pam K.

Here’s a review by Diabetes Strong. I have psoriasis and moderately sensitive skin. I use Skin Tac wipe, then the Skin Grip patch mentioned in the review. I self-fund, so I extend my sensors. I have left a Skin Grip on up to 25 days with no rash.

1 Like

Oops, I forgot the link.

1 Like

I had read that article a few weeks ago and ordered some of the grif grips for my daughter. She is 10 and has extremely sensitive skin plus she loves to swim and her dexcom transmitter had fallen off twice and we lose pump sites all the time. We tried the free ones that the med supply company sent and they were awful and plastic. Then we tried the ones dexcom sent with the sensor cut out and she liked that better but it was irritating on her skin. I first ordered the dexcom Grifgrips and it worked so well. She wore it for the full 7 days and no irritation. She said she barely notices that they are on. I did order some for her pump site but they are a little big for her tiny arm so I had to cut it. but still same thing no irritation. I plan to order some smaller ones for her. They also have designs that make her happy.

Karmelia, Thank you so much. That is great information. I will look into the Grif Grips!

Pam

Thanks Mike,
Some good info both from you, and on the link. I will try out the Grif Grips and/or Skin Grips to see if either work for me. My skin is very sensitive. I am always red when I take off my infusion sets and CGM. I have tried Skin Prep, Bard Barrier Wipes, and many others. These two seem to work best, but I still get some irritation. So, the idea of using an over-patch has been somewhat daunting. I tried the Tegaderm when I first got my pump. That did not work. Now that my CGM is supposed to stay on for 10 days, I am thinking of trying an over-patch again. I know I can get replacements when they don’t last the full time. In fact, I do that now, but I don’t like having to call Dexcom all the time. So, that’s why I’m asking (not that you wanted to know - Sorry about that :-)!).

Anyway, thank you very much for the information.

Pam