What's your favorite way to treat hypoglycemia?

I haven't eaten glucose tabs in years, but I agree w/ Katie that I used to like those plain BD ones. They remind me of happy times at summer camp. (: The flavored ones make me gag. I always carry Jelly Beans in my purse for when I'm away from home. When I was pregnant and had lots of lows 1st trimester, we joked that the fetus would turn into a jelly bean from all the scary dyes. (:

Whatever's handy. I usually keep one of those little kid 15 carb juice boxes on hand while I'm on the go, but if I'm in school or at home, it is whatever I find first. Life is too busy and complicated to be too specific. :)

It doesn't matter what I'm eating, someone always asks for some.

[quote user="Run D-Link"]

It doesn't matter what I'm eating, someone always asks for some.

[/quote]

LOL my friends always want my glucose tabs, which they somehow think are equivalent to candy.  Yo no comprendo este.

Ya know I am liking the Giant Tub of Cotton Candy idea. I just go with what I have on hand, juice, tabs, granola bar, ice cream.

Starbursts and a cigarette

whatever i can get my hands on. i dont care what i injest when im low, as long as i get my BS up, i dont care.

I find milk works best for me.  Although if it is below 40 I use 8oz of Strawberry Bannana Nectar.

Apple juice, if we have it. If not, then whatever I can find- granola bars, trail mix, candy. I use glucose tabs at school, because they're the easiest thing to carry around. I hate them, though. Haha, the other day one of my friends saw me take them out and asked me for one, so I gave it to her. She spit it out. =P I warned her that they were gross...

When I'm at school I eat glucose tabs, but at home I drink juice.

I have never eaten glucose tabs before and I've been T1 for 8 years!  I usually get obsessed with one particular candy and then I get sick of it.  SweetTarts definitely come to mind.

I try to have juice in my car and at my desk at work, but when I'm out and about I have sour patch kids on me, or anything sour strawberry.  

i'd rather prevent it than treat it... i have serious hypoglycemia-phobia... which is why i used to sit high ALL the time... i'm trying to over come that...and i've been low a lot more frequently... i still pick juice as my fav treatment

ooooo... and i recently discovered why i don't like apple juice... it's cuz it doesn't taste like apple cider... which i LOVE

I carry around frosting and whenI was little, my mom used syrup!! :)

4 Reli On Sour Apple glucose tabs , THEN i check my bg about 10 minutes later. From there I like to eat a peanut butter sandwich (1 bread), I don't like to raise it too much; I figure when it goes up just even a litle, it's actually at normal range for a change. The sour apple doesn't taste the best, so it keeps me from eating them like candy. Also I'll pop a couple in the gym lifting weights toward the end of my workout.

I hate glucose tabs too, and after a few juice boxes exploded in my purse I had to switch.  Now I use Sunkist Fruit Gems - they are individually wrapped and two of them always does the trick, plus they don't turn into a nasty paste like glucose tabs.  I keep them in a little coin purse in my bag, and it's been working great.

I keep kapri suns at home all the time, and smarties with my when im out. Theyre really good and easy to carry around with me.

I keep dex4 tabs on me, but I opt for what ever I can get. I usually rely on juice, or oranges but if I'm out and about and near a store I grab skittles.

Apple juice and some nuts - like peanuts or cashews. At home, I like to go for a banana and peanut butter.

Wow, all of these ideas are great!

I used to eat pineapple to treat my lows, but would usually go overboard because I love pineapple.

Now, I'm trying to find different low-calorie ideas because I need to lose weight (about 50-60 lbs.). So, I plan to be more active, but I don't want to crash. Any other ideas, that haven't been mentioned, would be appreciated.

Many, many thanks!

[quote user="ralfe1315"]

Now, I'm trying to find different low-calorie ideas because I need to lose weight (about 50-60 lbs.). So, I plan to be more active, but I don't want to crash. Any other ideas, that haven't been mentioned, would be appreciated.

Many, many thanks!

[/quote]

I find that juice ultimately works best for me. A 4-oz. apple juice box brings me up quickly (no chewing/digesting of sugared goodies so it gets into my system faster) but it doesn't bring me up too high-- I am almost always in range (70-120) after a juice.

Then having a 15g snack would be a good idea in your case if you're going to exercise so you don't crash. Since you've already had a fast-acting carb, try something bread-like for your "stay/keep-up" snack. I love frosted MiniWheats. They come in about 7 different flavors now. The bite-size ones have 2g per "brick" so it's really quick to eat 7 or 8 and be good to go. They have almost no fat, too, which is a downside with crackers (most have 4g of fat per serving). And almost no sugar.