What was your last A1c?

7.2 (: slowly coming down (I was diagnosed in March and my A1C was 11.8 and then 8.1 in April)

mine went from a 10.7 to a 7.7, so I am pretty impressed with myself :)

As of July 27th, 9.1 :( My A1c from April was down to 7.7, but my pump broke, and I've been on injections again....Needless to say, not having any luck! Just got back on the pump last week, so my 2month check up should be ALOT better...I hope!

6.2 down from 6.3  I was really afaid it would have been out of sight because my bg readings have been so high lately

Normally, my A1c is around 7.2, 7.3, but the past few months, I've been growing more, and I'm always hungry, so my last A1c was 8.8.

6.3 :)

6.3 :) but does everyone have to stay in a certain area? cause my endo says to stay within the 6 point range by soem of my diabetic friends have a1c's of like 7.6

I just saw a show on the UCTV channel.  It was on type 2 but they gave an "average glucose equivalent table to HbA1c's I thought I would share:

A1c                                     eAG

5                                           97

6                                          126

6.5                                       140

7                                           154

7.5                                        169

8                                            183

8.5                                         197

9                                             212

8.2 (..or maybe it was 8.4...i've already forgotten haha)

it hasn't gone up since the last one so my endo is happy. staying pretty steady in the low 8's so at least i'm not bouncing around.

[edit] Whoops, wrong thread.  I lost track of where I was, lol.  Too many tabs open!  ;)

7.5...ugh. I'm trying a lot harder now though. My three-month appointment is next week, and my goal is somewhere in the 6's. The best I ever had was 5.8, but I don't think I'll ever get there again. (that was before all the hormones kicked in. yay.)

[quote user="Kel15"]does everyone have to stay in a certain area?[/quote]

my doc prefers 7.5 or below, but she's really lax with teens. I've heard she doesn't get really mad until you're like above 13 or something, which is just tough to imagine being that high all the time!

[quote user="Maria Rose"]

[quote user="Kel15"]does everyone have to stay in a certain area?[/quote]

my doc prefers 7.5 or below, but she's really lax with teens. I've heard she doesn't get really mad until you're like above 13 or something, which is just tough to imagine being that high all the time!

[/quote]

just like control methods, it varies diabetic to diabetic and endo to endo. my endo doesn't get upset until I'm in the high 8's or low 9's because whenever i've gotten my A1C below 8, it's not because i've had any better control(less highs and lows) but because whatever change we made to my ratios/doses has caused me to have more lows than usual(usually to the point that it's a concern). I'm aiming for the 7's without getting a concerning amount of lows, but my endo would probably be happy if I made it to our target of 6.5.

Some endo's prefer to have their patients get a "perfect" a1c according to the Diabetes Association in that country's guidelines, some are willing to be more lax patient to patient depending on age and diabetes history.

Sarah's last was 7.6, and today was 6.9 - which her Endo said was excellent as she had very few lows in the last three months. Woo hoo!

A couple of weeks ago my A1C was 7.0, which is a little high for me since it is usually in the mid to high 6s.  But since that appointment my numbers have not been as high. 

Does anyone else find that bolusing at least 15 minutes before eating really helps lower your A1C?

[quote user="Katie"]

Does anyone else find that bolusing at least 15 minutes before eating really helps lower your A1C?

[/quote]

Yes - it has helped to minimize the post-prandial spikes I was having.  :)  I just have to be careful to not bolus TOO far ahead for whatever the given situation is, as sometimes I'll end up going low before my food has a chance to kick in. 

5.6!  That's down from 13 when I was diagnosed 8 months ago!

6.2!

Wow!  You guys have some really good A1c's compared to me!  I was happy just this past week b/c my last one was an 8.5 which came down from a 9.9 3 months ago and before that, it was averaging like 12!  Although, my new endo is the best!  I like him and I've never liked any of my other ones before.  Plus, he's been really helpful with my stress.  My stress levels from work are outrageous and my new endo has recognized this and is helping me to deal with it and controlling my sugars.  I think that's why I like my new endo so much...None of my other endos seemed to care that my stress affected my sugars, they just always thought I was never doing what I was supposed to be doing, which was so not even true...If they only knew how physical & stressful my job was, they'd realize that I practically lift weights all day long, which an average work day for me is at least 12 hrs. long.  Plus, I surf a good bit, so it's not that I lack in activity.  But, my new endo can see the difference in my patterns when I'm working and when I'm not working.  I'm so relieved too b/c once he explained it all to me, I was like, "Whew!!!  So, I'm not freaking stupid then b/c for the longest, I just thought I wasn't doing the math right or something."  LOL!  Cheers, everyone!  I hope I get my next one down to 7.0!  (Then, hopefully, I can eventually get it down to 6.0 and keep it there.  That's my goal.)  ;oD

Scrappy, I don't think anyone here would judge you by your A1c.  We all know that our bg's are challenged by many factors. I joke that the westerly wind changes mine.  Sometimes I just don't know.   I want to encourage you as it sounds like you are doing great wit what you have been given.  I'm glad you found and endo that truly understands this disease.  Best wishes to you!!!