A1c

My endo just called with my new a1c and it was exactly the same as 4 months ago (6.1). I don't know how I pulled that off b/c of course my actual BG's have lots of ups and downs. It's like when you go to bed at 114 and wake up at 114 -- for some reason, it makes me excited. (:

Congratulations Sarah!  I share your excitement!  My last a1c, in August, was 6.9.  I'll be going to the lab sometime this week, then I'll be getting the results in early March.  I can only hope that I am at the same - or better!

nice! I cant wait to see what Rileys first one is going to be. *read the sarcasm* lol I dont expect it to be good cause we just switched to MDI but the one after will be good or should be much better anyhow.

Jessica did the hospital check her a1c when she was there? Then you would have an idea of how much just getting insulin in her has helped.  I know Cassidy's was 11 when in hospital and she is down to 8, not a great number but in 6 weeks time a huge improvement I think.

[quote user="CassiesMama"]

Jessica did the hospital check her a1c when she was there? Then you would have an idea of how much just getting insulin in her has helped.  I know Cassidy's was 11 when in hospital and she is down to 8, not a great number but in 6 weeks time a huge improvement I think.

[/quote]

I have no idea. I forgot to ask when we went back and saw our DNE/NP I was so focused on the switch to MDI everything else went out the window.

[quote user="Jessica "]

nice! I cant wait to see what Rileys first one is going to be. *read the sarcasm* lol I dont expect it to be good cause we just switched to MDI but the one after will be good or should be much better anyhow.

[/quote]

You know Riley's been in the 200-400's, so I guess just prepare yourself for a high one? This is just the initial one, so, like you said, she'll have no where but down to go from here! Anyways, at her age, I doubt they'll want her in the 5's or 6's b/c of fear of lows. They'll probably want her aiming for the 7's, so that's even closer. (:

Oh yeah I am ready for a high number but I know we are headed in the right direction now. This part of it is very interesting to me cause we have not done it yet. I need to call a few endo's north of here and see if they will call my insurance and be added to it so she can see one. Our new Pedi told me again there are no endo's down here for her.

Mine was 5.7--my doctor said it didn't even look like I was diabetic.  I danced around my house like a looney toon!!!

I just got mine (3 months after diagnosis)- 6.6!  I'm happy with that, but I have to give the credit to my wonderful honeymooon.