What a Diabetic knows

I was thinking again, how about this???

Stuff Diabetics know and most everyone else doesn't!!! LOL

Example: What insulin smells like.

That being high isn't funny or fun. (anymore LOL)

Who Dr. Banting is.

Know the difference between long and slow and short and fast.

Something like that.

How about pain pen?? LOL

LOL!  I think insulin STINKS!  It has a bitter/sour smell, like old medicine or something.  Also, if a lot of it spills on your skin (b/c this happened to me yesterday when I was trying to fill my reservoir and there was a leak between the needle connection and the vial) that it feels kind of sticky while it's drying.

That a person with type 1 diabetes can eat sugar.

Insulin definitely smells weird!  Almost like Band-Aids, almost like the dentist's office...

I doesn't feel sticky to me, though.  Pretty much like water, except that it irritates my skin if I don't wipe it off.

What it feels like to be a walking pin cushion!

I would say that carbohydrates act the same way as sugar since they are one in the same. My head is a food calculator. I am counting carbs while they are counting plates at the buffet. I am actually not an invalid. Lol.

What your pancreas does.

Haha, that's funny, I couldn't think of what it smelled like for the longest time and then it hit me a band-aid!

How about all of the acronyms???  CGM, BG, T1, T2, A1C, JD, and the millions of others???  It's almost as bad as all the acronyms in education!!!:D

ok, what a "proper" food serving is to be & I don't know about anyone else but when i'm cooking and serving supper(dinner) I know excatly how much food is served depending on what serving spoon i'm using. LOL

"If it's true that we are what we eat then, I am fast, easy and cheap" -- Barbara Johnson

How 'bout this.  Dog's love the taste of Insulin.  I remember a few years back, my friends dog ate the carton that holds the insulin bottle and somehow got the rubber part out ot the top.  It smelled bad to me, but the dog loved it.  Just for clarification, I don't recommend insulin as a treat for the pups. 

[quote user="Dan"]

How 'bout this.  Dog's love the taste of Insulin.  I remember a few years back, my friends dog ate the carton that holds the insulin bottle and somehow got the rubber part out ot the top.  It smelled bad to me, but the dog loved it.  Just for clarification, I don't recommend insulin as a treat for the pups. 

[/quote]

What happened to the dog?  I got lucky, a few years ago I was switching my insulin cartridge and I left it sitting on the table while I went to the kitchen real quick.  I was only out of the room for maybe 30 sec and my dog had it on the floor chewing on it.  Thankfully she didn't puncture it but I freaked.

I think that the only insulin that really smells bad is novalog. it reaks! i have to hold my nose when im doing a manual prime for my pump because i cant stand the smell of it!! lol

you never get used to pricking your finger.

haha too funny.. i've read on other forums about the smell of insulin but I never could smell it

so to kill time at work i just put a few drops on my hand

yup that shit stinks ..

Treymayne: I totally agree. You never truly get used to it.

Or the anticipation before inserting your pump site!

[quote user="Rich"]

haha too funny.. i've read on other forums about the smell of insulin but I never could smell it

so to kill time at work i just put a few drops on my hand

yup that *** stinks ..

[/quote]

Here smell this!!! LOL

[quote user="Amanda"]

Treymayne: I totally agree. You never truly get used to it.

Or the anticipation before inserting your pump site!

[/quote]

the finger pricks i have gotten used to i only poke two of the sam fingers on both of my hands, and now i don't feel it anymore.. [[keep in mind i have been pricking these ones for over 13 years!]]

The pump site anticipation truly gets me each and every time!

Diabetics actually know how to apply math in real life! haha I realized that today while I was adjusting the patterns on my pump :)

This thread made me go sniff a box of BandAids.