Used strip collections in your meter case

I'm not the only who ends up with collections of used strips like this, right?

This is the meter in my car so it never gets cleaned out.  Don't know the max I've had, but I've intentionally used a whole carton of 50 before emptying out the case just to see if I could.  Booyah.

The little wins in life.

lol :D  definitely not alone.  I think you probably have me beat however....don't think I've ever gone through the entire pack of test stips before emptying, that's impressive

hahaha definitely not alone. I usually put mine in the pocket on the side, and I've been known to let it go for a while before emptying it....

I totally do this.  :)  There's a little velcro pocket and I just keep filling it up until there's like a good handful to throw away!

Yep, looks just like mine.  I usually only empty them out when they start getting caught in the zipper.  One difference between yours and mine is that I have way more blood spatter on the meter itself.

Haha I can totally relate! :P I do this as well and I just so happen to go through a whole 50 recently. I try to clean it out after 50 but sometimes I let it go for a bit longer. :O I thought that I was the only one to do this, so it is good to see that I am not alone as well. ;)

Katey :D

I find strips randomly in the bottom of my purse or my lunch bag...so funny

I leave my meter case on top of the entertainment center and put  my meter, poker, and strips in my purse when I leave.   At home the case just gets used for my collection of used strips.  Thanks for reminding me that it was due for a cleaning as I just counted 362 used strips.  Your case actually looks really clean.

I'm GUILTY of this very thing. My meter cases are full of used strips. I probably have atleast 100 before I empty it.  ; )

i think everyone does this! i also have quite a pile on the nightstand from night checks. drives my husband crazy! :)

Oh yeah, that looks totally familiar!  ;o)  I try to clean mine out periodically, but sometimes they can stash up pretty quick.  LOL!

and on the floor of my car and the bottom of my purse.....it seems like they end up everywhere!!! hahaha

I usually hold off from emptying mine until they are practically spilling out when I open it to put more in. I'll find used ones everywhere too...I always know when I drop one on the floor because my cats love to play with them!

There have been so many times where I unzip the case to my meter and a whole bunch of old test strips will come flying out at me!

[quote user="Jennabenna"]

There have been so many times where I unzip the case to my meter and a whole bunch of old test strips will come flying out at me!

[/quote]

Haha yeah I have had that too. :D Then you have to make sure to pick them all up. My cat loves eating them so I have to make sure to never leave any around. :P

[quote user="Ideen"]

This is the meter in my car so it never gets cleaned out.  Don't know the max I've had, but I've intentionally used a whole carton of 50 before emptying out the case just to see if I could.  Booyah.

The little wins in life.

[/quote]

LOL  you are most definately not the only one i just cleaned mine out because i saw this. not bad this time. last time me and my friends counted 150 BOOYAH!!! not something to b proud of but at least i throw my swabs away that would be a mess!!

[quote user="Jennabenna"]

[/quote]

I have done that so many times in places that i have been. I feel bad if they fall out somewhere and i dont know. POOR SCHOOL lots everywhere in that place

[quote user="Ideen"]

The little wins in life.

[/quote]

Ha!  That's (almost) where I was a few days ago.  I had thrown out a garbage bag and was too lazy to put a new one in the trash container, and for the entire evening and the next morning, I hadn't generated any other trash except for those damn used test strips.  I'm shy about testing in public to begin with, and having to worry about bloody strips falling out when I open up the case was an added hassle I didn't want to deal with when testing on the go.  When it was finally time to leave my apartment, I actually debated just leaving the pile of used test strips on a table!  I caved at the last minute and finally lined the waste basket with a new trash bag and threw the used test strips away.  This makes me feel less bad.

This always happens to me, and then when I drop them all over the place I get yelled at! It's just cause there's not always a garbage can handy.

i have so many used strips in the pocket of my meter case it's sad. i just never throw them out and i counted one time and i had about 150....maybe i should empty that pocket a little more....!