Trying to "Get It Together"

Hi, my name is Marquita. I have T1 diabetes, I have had this disease since I was 14. When I got diagnosed my BS was 594. My BS's are always running in the 600's. I have been hospitalized about 5 times in the past 2 years. I have to test my BS at least 5 times a day. I often forget to check my BS before giving myself my shot. Only because it's always running high, everytime I see that it is high, I feel like I am not doing something right. I gave up and stopped taking my meds for about a month, no signs of anything, but I knew I needed to take my meds. I started back and my BS had started running in the mid-high 300's, it was okay, but not where the Dr. wanted me to be. Also, I eat ALOT, mostly at night and I am always sleeping. Will someone give me advise on how to manage my BS without getting upset and wanting to just give up?

mmm  there are a few things  can think of  are you not giving yourself enough insulin to compensate the amount of food your eating you may also waqnt to try a CGM to see if theres a pattern when you go high .. also maybe the pump i was very against it but not that i have it my readings are so much better.. very rarely high or low

mmm  there are a few things  can think of  are you not giving yourself enough insulin to compensate the amount of food your eating you may also want to try a CGM to see if theres a pattern when you go high .. also maybe the pump i was very against it but not that i have it my readings are so much better.. very rarely high or low

Hi Marquita,never give up,even if you feel like it.Things can get better with some help. I feel like a new doctor might help.He could work with you to get your numbers in better range.Then you should start feeling beetter.You are already moving in the right direction by coming to Juvenation.People understand here what dealing with type1 is about.

Definitely don't give up?  When you say that you eat "A LOT," how much does that entail?  I mean personally, I HAVE TO COUNT CARBS, I wish I could eat a lot sometimes but I don't.  I've found that most of my highs are from when I don't eat like I'm supposed to.  It sounds like you have a much more difficult time than I do, but I'm sure that you can get it under control, and I'm sure that really counting carbs would be extremely helpful.  Are you on a pump? My doctor would not let me leave the office if I was averaging 300's.  Like I said, I'm sure you'll get this under control, it might not be easy, but nothing good in life is easy (: