The omni pod

im seriosly considering getting an omni pod, but i have some questions 

where do u put it? say im wearing skinny jeans, a t-shirt thats kinda tight. where would i put it? i dont want it under my shirt or there will be a lump and people will wonder and skinny jeans are...well...skinny. theres no way a plastic box thingy will fit down there. i also play basketball volleyball and run track. thats a lot of moving around.

Hi Dasha,

I've had the Omni Pod for the last year, and although it's not perfect, it's pretty great. The adhesive sticks really well, but I definitely recommend that when you clean the area where you will put it, clean it with alcohol and let it dry completely before putting it on. For the most part, you don't notice it through clothes, but if you're really concerned, you can go to Omni-pod's website and order a free demo kit. They'll send you a pod that you can wear to give you an idea of how it feels to wear it. It also looks like they are working on getting a smaller version of the pod out to those of us who are using it and those who are interested :)

I hope that helps,

Tosh

Do you already use a different type of pump dasha?  

I've used a tube pump (Medtronic) for many years and it doesn't bother me. I can clip it or tuck it in a pocket or in my bra.  

Omnipod did get in my way.  I don't wear really tight clothes, but no matter what I wore there was a lump from the pod.  I also felt like it was too big.  But everyone is different; you might not mind it.  Only way to know is to try it.  You should be able to go to the Omnipod website and request a free sample.  It doesn't dispense insulin, but gives you a feel for the pod.

FYI  A few years ago I tried a Medingo Solo tubless pump and liked it way better.  They've been approved by the FDA but then were bought up by Accucheck and aren't available for sale.   www.solo4you.com