Telling your friends about your diabetes

Hey guys!
None of my friends know i am diabetic but i would like them to know now but i am really scared as to how they will react!
Can you some of you guys please share your own experience how you told your friends and how they reacted? or how would you react if one of your friends told you she has diabetes?

Hey
i know how you feel, i started hanging out with a different group of friends this year and none of them knew i was diabetic. i wanted them to know but i was scared to tell them. they found out when we went on a school trip when one of them saw my medical id bracelet. they were really cool about it. it makes it easier when your friends know about it.

Thank you so much for giving me a boost upp :smiley:
Now i am actually going to tell them.

When I was diagnosed it was the summer before 6th grade and I was switching schools, so for the friends I made it was something that I already had. I did tell my best friends, and while it is super scary they weren’t really that concerned about it. For us it is a huge deal, but for other people I’ve learned it’s been an okay, so you have diabetes type of response, no big deal. A lot of times they also won’t know very much, so you get to decide how much you want them to know and when you want to tell them. Once it’s over you will be glad that they know!

Yes, now i really want them to know because its really safe that way and they are my fried s, they deserve to know. Thank you giving me hope :slight_smile:

Hi, When I got Diabetes my teacher told my friends about it and all about Hypo’s and Hyper’s. I would of preferred to of told them myself but all my friends know and they support me a lot. If you tell your friends about the symptoms of being Low and High then they can get someone if you need help. True friends will stick with you whatever happens :slight_smile:

i could totally understand how u feel my only advice don’t leave it too long the sooner u tell them the better i have yet to tell my friends who i have been friends with for 3 years now. and i still can’t come into terms with how I’m going to tell them