Teens newly diagnosed

Hi, my name is phebe and I am looking for other teens around my age that are newly diagnosed. I’m 16 and was diagnosed this January on my 16th Birthday. If u just want to chat my email is: phebelyn23@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi Phebe! I’m Abby; I’m 16 years old and was diagnosed at age 7. I’m not newly diagnosed but I would still love to chat with you! I’ll email you today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Phebe @Phebe , A Warm Welcome to the TypeOneNation Forum, happy to see you.

On your 16th birthday - just like me, only mine was 62 years ago. Like us, there are a few other people on here who were diagnosed on that birthday - must be something really special about our 16th.

1 Like

:blush: I’m so glad I found typeonenation today!!! It’s such a supportive group. I finally feel like I’m surrounded with people that understand what Iv been going through, and trying to figure out my new life.

1 Like

Phobe, I’m happy to see that you are learning and taking an active role in learning this ever changing “game” of trying to manage your diabetes - that tricky balance of food, activity and insulin. I’m still learning, too.
I see you read an earlier post about JDRF Chapters [go through the “Events” Tab at the top of this page], it really helps understanding diabetes when you can talk one-on-one with someone who is experiencing what you experience.

1 Like

Phebe! You’re going to do great!!

Ive been T1 for nearly 15 years now and each day i learn something new…
I actually just started a Youtube channel on tips/advice, etc that ive learned over the years! would love for you to check it out --i’m going to stay pretty active with it, great luck!

1 Like

I definitely will check out your YouTube channel!!!:blush:

1 Like

hi phebe! i am 16 and was diagnosed at the age of 7 so i’m not newly diagnosed but i would still love to talk! i’ll email you!

1 Like

Hi! I know you made this post quite a while ago, but I just found and joined typeonenation a few weeks ago and stumbled upon this! I’d love to get to know and talk to more fellow diabetics too! My name’s Piper. I’m 16 years old and have been Type 1 for 11 months. Feel free to message me anytime on here and maybe we could even exchange instagrams or snapchats! :))

Hi Phebe, I’m Emily I was diagnosed 7 years ago and am 17. If you need some to talk to I’m always hear to listen.

1 Like

Hey thank you :slight_smile: it’s been a year with T1D and it’s hard depression is the worst tho I want depression meds but my parents wont let me get some but I at least started going to a therapist. :slight_smile: my insta is :phebelyn23 or my email is: phebelyn23@gmail.com. Always love more diabuddies!:blue_heart::blush:

Hey!:blush: I dont have snapchat but I do have insta its phebelyn23.:blush::blue_heart:

That’s good that you’re interested in finding new ways to get in touch with other type 1 diabetics! Always remember that I’m here if you ever need to talk!! I also hope that the new therapist will be able to help you out! I look forward to hearing from you!! Btw, my Instagram is @emily._drew.

Hi Piper!! I’m Abby, 17 years old and diagnosed age 7. I’d love to chat with you! Pm me and we can exchange contact info. :slight_smile: