T1D in Seattle

Hi there, I am newly diagnosed and living in Seattle area hoping to find a few people to connect with. I am 26 and a mom struggling to balance everything. I am the only one among friends and family that has diabetes, so definitely in need to talk to someone in my same situation.

Hi, I’m a father with 2 daughters and was the first person in my family diagnosed with T1. I’ve had T1 for almost 10 years and it’s a constant battle. I got involved in studies at the Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason in Seattle and that has been a huge help. I wear a CGM and pump. Please let me know if you have any questions. Best wishes. Tom

hey, i live in Edmonds and have had diabetes for almost 23 years, i am 27 and also the only person in my family or friends with it. jaynedeec@gmail.com. email me, i could appreciate someone who understands as well.

Hi there! I live in the Olympia area, I’m 24 and also newly diagnosed. Its been about two months since my five day stay in the icu being DKA and I’ve been having a really hard time accepting everything going on. Please feel free to reach out to me and maybe we can bounce some thoughts off of each other.

Hi Ashley, I am glad you are out of the ICU and hope you are getting along. Feel free to email me at alyxislight@icloud.com

I live in Bothell. I moved here 14 years ago. I’ve had D1 since 1977. If I had any advice it would be to take it seriously, but try not to get upset and live or die by each BS reading. Just dose or eat or whatever and move on. It will never be between 80 and 120 all the time.

Doctors and family member think if you just eat what you’re supposed to and take the proper prescribed amount of insulin all will be well. I have found that just when you think you got it it figured out, things go haywire.

It is kindof a roll with the punches thing IMHO. Oh, and if you can swing it, get a CGM. I’ve been one all year and it has been a game changer.