Orange county

Im a teen who just got diagnosed a month ago and I literally dont know anyone else with T1 so I was just wondering if there were any others in so cal that might be interested in talking. I would love someone to discuss this stuff with.

I grew up in so cal. now live in Hawaii. was dx'd in 2007.  older than you (55) but willing to talk most anytime.  pm me you phone and I'l call with mine ( it will  be the 808 area code.  I have a friend in New Hampshire, who I also do this with.

Where in OC. I grew up in Huntington Beach, owned a house in Westminster and Stanton. I am in Inland Empire now. I am not young LOL. Was dx'ed at 52. If you friend me I will give you my e-mail. I am a Daddy and Grandpa and will say this Don't give out your phone number without checking with your parents!!!! Can't help myself being a Daddy of a girl.

I'm glad you found us! That's toughto have just been diagnosed. Let us know on here if you have any questions we can help you with.

As a Mom, I have to say, I wouldn't give out my number online (or, like Keith said, ask your Mom first). (:

Hi, i would be happy to talk to you...i have helped many people that are new to diabetes...i live in orange county (Aliso Viejo)and would be happy to meet you at the Irvine Spectrum or something for lunch and you can ask as many questions as you would like....have anyone else there as well that is close to you that would want to learn more...just let me know

Well, I don't lie anywhere near you, but I'm 17 and I was diagnosed about 2 months ago, so I'm here if you'd like to talk or whatever :)

**live, not lie

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

padre foundation in Orange had teen activities. Send me a message and I can give you the phone number. I know they do surfing stuff and all kind of activities. Sorry my daughter is only 6. But I know the guy that runs it. We met at Camp Chinook this past summer. That is also another thing for  you next summer. Other than Padre foundation have you tried the OC JDRF chapter?

oh really thats cool =] I have no idea how to send on message to you on this site yet so if you could send me one with the details that would be great.

isthere a send me a message? left side of my profile? cinders076@yahoo.com just email me there..I am still learning this site too!

Keith: A cellphone number is not like when we were kids. There is caller ID, caller blocking, and no easy way to trace the physical address.  Giving your number to someone is easy to hang up, or not answer... So the risk is so much less . And, most kidnappings and molestations are from family and friends, ask the police.

I am very protective of my kids. The whole internet if not supervised closely can be very scary. I have 3 kids. Some people let htere kids do whatever thats scary!

[quote user="peruvianpasohi"]

Keith: A cellphone number is not like when we were kids. There is caller ID, caller blocking, and no easy way to trace the physical address.  Giving your number to someone is easy to hang up, or not answer... So the risk is so much less . And, most kidnappings and molestations are from family and friends, ask the police.

[/quote]

That's true, no way to trace is the problem. Nothing personal, just the Daddy in me. I wouldn't want my daughter talking too an older man without me knowing them!!!! Not that you are, just watch the program that catches internet predators. Scary for any parent!!! Also on the cell phones one word "PrePaid"

If when my daughter was a teen ager  I found out she had gotten a phone number from some guy on the internet and was talking to him, I'd take away her cell phone and ground her for a month.

There are major creeps out there and the internet is a new place for pedophiles to work.  It happens.  

It may be true that most kidnappings and molestations are from family and friends, enough are from pedophiles and other weirdos that a parent has to be careful.

To the original poster, I'd recommend checking with a reputable organization such as JDRF or ADA or a local hospital to see if they have support groups.

Orange County rocks.  I was diagnosed at CHOC 38 years ago.  They had the best program for teaching newbies about Diabetes back then.  I understand it is even better now.  You most likely are looking for folks your age to chat with.  Good news is that they are here.  And even us old f__t's learn stuff here.  Juvenation is one of the best resources available today to talk with others who struggle with this stinky disease.  Best to you!

since it was a while ago that you didnt know how to send a message to anyone. I just joined this site and i can send a message to all of my friends on this site except for one do you know how i can get to talk to them???

Contact your local JDRF and let her read the post on Juvenation. 

With summer coming, try to get her into a camp. 

Be patient and learn all you can about D.