Nothing to do with diabetes

But, I thought I would tell you guys because everyone is always so happy and encouraging. 

Anyway, I am buying my first car, yes my first car at 20. I go to pick it up at 5:30. I am so excited! 2009 Nissan Versa

That is super exciting! Congratualtions!

Thanks. I got my pump and a car all in two weeks.

That's just so wonderful!!!!

HICoutney, That isgreat!!!

HICoutney, That isgreat!!!

congrats.

sorry for the 2 post, keyboard keeps sticking...

Wow that's great. Only 3 more years till I can drive. Watch out people on the road. lol. I can't wait till I can drive. Freedom here I come! lol.

Congratulations on buying your first car, that's an exciting time in your life, enjoy !!

[quote user="Brittany "]

Wow that's great. Only 3 more years till I can drive. Watch out people on the road. lol. I can't wait till I can drive. Freedom here I come! lol.

[/quote]

haha! are you trying to say that you are a bad driver???

i am too! i drive like a maniac.

er..., let me rephrase that:

are you trying to say that your going to be a bad driver???

I probably will be a bad driver. lol. :) I'll be like my friend that took her driver's test and ask which one is the gas and which one is the brake. lol. :) I couldn't believe she had to ask that. She is 17 now. SHe had to go like three times to get her license. The first time she had to ask which was the gas and which one was the brake, the second time they wouldn't let her have them because she went 36 in a 35, and finally she went the third time and got them.

Make sure you test your bs before you drive it home. (:

[quote user="Sarah"]

I picked up my humalog today and my new co-pay in 2010 and has gone up from $10 to $45. I don't know yet what my (many, many, many) other co-pays will be. It's so frustrating b/c it makes you feel so helpless. My husband works for the Smithsonian, so we get great insurance choices as it's a big institution. You need the insulin to live, so I just felt so helpless!

Anyways, the pharmacist said I should call and ask if there's another "preferred" short-acting insulin now for my plan. So my question (in addition to my general complaint lol) is: have any of you switched between short-acting insulins? Do you notice a difference in how they work? I guess I'm not sure if it's like switching between the same thing made by different companies or if each acts very differently.

[/quote]

What insurance do you have Sarah?  That's a huge jump. :-(

BC/BS PPO

We buy the most expensive plan his office offers so I don't have to worry about problems like THIS. :P

I am grring for you and maybe me we have bc/bs hmo we switched from the ppo cause we couldnt afford the 20% of everything. I am scared of what they may have changed from last month to this. ugh.

i switched from humalog to novolog a few months ago. i noticed a slight improvement in my blood sugars. i'm not quite sure why that is, but i was using humalog for over 10 years, so i think my body needed something  a little different.

insurance is plain and simply a pain in the ass. good luck, things will get better for you. keep your chin up and everything will turn out fine :o)

I agree with the Novalog. I experienced the same positive benefits. I had been on Humalog for like 10 years.

[quote user="Sarah"]

BC/BS PPO

We buy the most expensive plan his office offers so I don't have to worry about problems like THIS. :P

[/quote]

I used to have that. I talked with one of my HR reps who explained that the EPO was better in terms of co-pays I think provided that your endo is in-network. But yeah, my insulin co-pay was $40 with BCBS I think. It's about the same now with Aetna. The thing about Aetna is that my insulin pump supply co-pay went from $220 to $70! I was ecstatic about that.