Check this out! the coolest glucose monitor you've ever DRIVEN!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/12/medtronic-diabetes-concept-car-monitors-glucose-levels-in-dash/

that is nuts!

i donno if i would want it though. that is huge. if i had something in my car that let me know about all that, i would want it to be the size of a small gps system. that's just WAY to in your face. i would get distracted while driving for sure.

I'd be pretty happy if it was covered by insurance though! lol

I'm guessing it's 1 of the screens that you would switch to have different options-I think the  GPS, radio, etc are all on the same system, just different screens.

that would be SO cool!!!!!

yea its cool good for if you drive around a lot for work or long trips

[quote user="Gina"]

yea its cool good for if you drive around a lot for work or long trips

[/quote]

haha yea i could just see my boss being like "you were suppose to be there by 10AM!!! WHERE WERE YOU!!?"

"I'm sorry sir, my vehicle wouldn't let me drive...!" lmao.

melissa that is exactly what i was thinking. haha

i rilly like that i want one make driving better for diabetes.

Wow. That is just-- wow. So how does it work exactly?? It just--wow. Okay that is officially the most amazing car ever. Beyond amazing. I love it. It's just so-- wow! LOL. Can't wait 'til I drive. Hopefully this car will be readily availible and not TOO pricey by then. Wow. LOL. Thanks for posting this!

That is such a pretty screen. So much nicer than the one my pump shows me now... I wonder if we will ever see something like that on a pump, not in a lincoln. But I guess medtronic figures if you can afford the CGMS without insurance you can get a lincoln too.

I wonder if my insurance would cover that car...

[quote user="Melissa"]

haha yea i could just see my boss being like "you were suppose to be there by 10AM!!! WHERE WERE YOU!!?"

"I'm sorry sir, my vehicle wouldn't let me drive...!" lmao.

[/quote]

Hehe! That's clever. It's like the ultimate excuse note!