Need new places

Hello, I need new areas to do injections. I know of belly, arms, legs, and the love handle area but I can only give in my belly it seems. Anytime I give anywhere else a large bump forms and it so painful. I talked to my endocrinologist about it and he said I don’t have enough fat in any other areas except my stomach and that is why I’m having problems. (I’m 5’6 and weigh 122). However, my stomach is so sore and I’m getting so much scar tissue build up. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do? Does anyone have any suggestions? Help!

hi @sydneycraig13 sorry to hear you are having troubles. if you are using a pen, you might try the back of your arm or the top of your butt. the backside being my favorite. it’s okay to hit near muscle, but your absorption might be more or faster than you expect.

you get bumps from both insulins or just the long acting? you can try to ice the area just prior to keep histamines from forming due to the trauma. I can keep histamines from forming with a hot shower between 10 and 30 minutes prior to an injection - cold blocks histamines, hot fires your histamine receptors so there’s nothing left - does the same job for different reasons. you can try shorter pen needles too.

I don’t have any other real suggestions just sorry you have to go through this pincushion stuff and wish there was an easy answer for you.

I am having a similar issue. I am tall and thin and have developed a little pot belly. I started injecting at the top of my butt. Like if you lift your shirt and do it right where your pants are and then lower. I also do it in the upper hip and low butt area too - those are usually for when I am home or wear a skirt to work otherwise it’s just inappropriate.

I’m 5’7 & 124

the only solution I know and searched was to do exercises and make the body and abs tight so the repair the tissues as fast as they can