My 1 year with betes!

So it's 12:45 where I live right now and today February 21st marks my one year with diabetes. I know most people don't see it as a positive thing, but I just think that it's one year that I've lived with diabetes when I went 19 years without it, and I hope to continue to add up my years for a very long time!

And I want everyone to know how much I greatly appreciate every single one of you! You guys are one of the biggest reasons I got through this year so smoothly!!

<3

yay! you made it :) the first year is supposed to be the hardest!! :)

It's definitley a positive thing - celebrate every achievement when it comes to D.  I think this calls for an air-five.  *hand up*

[quote user="Courtney"]

So it's 12:45 where I live right now and today February 21st marks my one year with diabetes. I know most people don't see it as a positive thing, but I just think that it's one year that I've lived with diabetes when I went 19 years without it, and I hope to continue to add up my years for a very long time!

And I want everyone to know how much I greatly appreciate every single one of you! You guys are one of the biggest reasons I got through this year so smoothly!!

<3

[/quote]

Congrat, on the year. Your dx. day is my birthday. LOL

I think you're on the right track. The way to get the years to accumulate is to just take each day as it comes.

I second this! My 1 year was yesterday. I am so grateful for all my T1 friends online and in person who've helped me to see that T1 is totally do-able. And also grateful for my pump, which has let me live almost entirely low-free for the last four months, and also for my-soon-to-be CGM, which will help with exercise, and also for all the people who have taken time out of their days to make this disease easier for people to live with, and also for people doing research on prevention, cures, and treatments, and also for people who donate to JDRF, and also and also and also. 

This website helps so much - this disease would be impossible alone. 

Here's to many more, years and friends!

congratulations! hope your coping well! :)

[quote user="Kim"]

It's definitley a positive thing - celebrate every achievement when it comes to D.  I think this calls for an air-five.  *hand up*

[/quote]

Air-five Kim!!!

Happy Birthday Keith!!!!!

And thank you :)

[quote user="ajax"]

I second this! My 1 year was yesterday. I am so grateful for all my T1 friends online and in person who've helped me to see that T1 is totally do-able. And also grateful for my pump, which has let me live almost entirely low-free for the last four months, and also for my-soon-to-be CGM, which will help with exercise, and also for all the people who have taken time out of their days to make this disease easier for people to live with, and also for people doing research on prevention, cures, and treatments, and also for people who donate to JDRF, and also and also and also. 

This website helps so much - this disease would be impossible alone. 

Here's to many more, years and friends!

[/quote]

Happy 1 year to you too!!!! I wish my pump let me live almost entirely low-free. I've had a bad few months coming out of my honeymoon but still as positive as ever!

Speaking of JDRF, my family is actually putting together a benefit concert coming next month to raise money for the walk in my area. My dad's band is playing it and we're hosting it at my uncle's bar so I'm hoping we do really well with that this year!