One year ago

So one year ago tomorrow (May 13th) was when I was diagnosed. I can't believe it's been a year already! I remember the day like it was yesterday. It's been a rollercoaster of a year especially with my first year of college and moving away from home. 

I think it's also interesting because tomorrow will also be my last day of my freshman year of college!

Just thought I'd share that.

Well I guess Happy Anniversary in a sense. While it has been a roller coaster year I am sure you have learned lots and are ready for another year. As long as we always keep learning and moving on things will be fine for all of us. But hey if you were not diagnosed, we never would have met you.

Congratulations! You sound like you are headed in the right direction. For many years I had difficulty with the idea of celebrating the anniversary of my diagnosis, but I decided that each anniversary represents a personal accomplishment, and should be observed. I threw a big party for my 60th, and had a lot of fun doing it.

Melissa,

Happy D-versary! I think we are all on the same roller coaster ride. Hopefully this ride will be over soon!

WOW what a coincidence! That is super close to mine. The 12th is my 11 year D-day.

Followed up by th 5/15, my birthday =p

No cake for us, but that is ok.

Happy Anniversary (haha) I also am celebrating my anniversary...It was 20 years ago this month when I was first diagnosed.

I also remember the day I was diagnosed like it was yesterday. I also remember my 2 experiences passing out from low blood sugars and being rushed to the hospital like they were yesterday. Hopefully I won't have to add anymore memories like those.

Maybe instead...We will be able to add memories of a cure to our memory bank sometime in our lifetime... or maybe a vaccine to protect our loved ones from this disease. Would that be incredible !!!!

I am happy to say that it doesn't feel like 20 years. The strange thing is that I don't remember what it felt like to not be Diabetic. It is so much a part of who I am now that it just feels normal. I wish it didn't but it does. The one thing that I am so grateful for is that I (we) are Diabetic in a time when medicine and technology are so amazing. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be Diabetic 30 or 40 years ago!!!

Have an amazing day. Best wishes to you as you start your Diabetic journey.

Lindagayle