Looking for a T1D support system!

Hey everyone! My name is Hannah. I have been a type one for about eight years now. I know it feels like I should have everything down at this point, but I feel like I’m drowning. I have never had a true control of this disease. It is so hard to worry about school and studying and work and a social life while trying to do all the things and organ is supposed to be doing at the same time. I know that control is possible though. And I really think that having a support system is going to help me out. And if it equally helps someone else with type 1 diabetes out there, then its a win-win situation! I just got accepted into the nursing program and will be starting in February. I’d really REALLY like to have a better grip in things before I start the program. And I thought that a good first step would be finding some people who know what I am going through. Because, at the end of the day, the only people that will truly understand and properly sympathize with you are the ones who are going through the same exact thing you are. So please message me! Or Facebook me!I would really love hearing from some of you guys :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m newly diagnosed but have a brother who has been T1D since he was 18 months old. I definitely remember it being hard for him to get control of his blood sugar, and now I can definitely sympathize with that being as I am struggling myself now too. While it took him some time, my brother is now very in control of his blood sugar. I would definitely love to chat with you and exchange any useful tips we might have for each other. Us T1D have to stick together!!