In the day to day of diabetes, one thing that legit grosses me out is

When you're testing your blood sugar...you poke your finger and squeeze your finger to get the blood out and blood comes out from two (or more) different holes in your finger from old testing sites.

It always creeps me out.

I'm not the only one this happens to, right?

haha, No that also happens to me too, it is a lil creepy

It happens to Riley all the time but she thinks its cool lol.

Ah yes, the Blood Constellation.   Happens to me as well.  :)

i always laugh when that happens...

That has happened a few times, esp. because I use one finger tip all the time.  My wife calls it a "pin" cushion.  Another "funny" experience is a gusher, squeezing the finger and blood squirts a few feet :)

[quote user="Rich"]

That has happened a few times, esp. because I use one finger tip all the time.  My wife calls it a "pin" cushion.  Another "funny" experience is a gusher, squeezing the finger and blood squirts a few feet :)

[/quote]

haha that's even better! it always happens when friends or my bf are around and we laugh and crack jokes about how i'm a world record holder for farthest blood squirt. hah.

Rich,  That happens to me too.  The "Gusher" as I call it!  :-)

Ughh that happens to me all the time!! Sometimes, I don't even need to prick my finger, I'll just squeeze it and blood comes out. I've always just tested on my left hand since I'm right-handed, so I've got a million holes in the fingers on my left hand...

I've had this happen to me also.

Here's a link  to another thread http://juvenation.org/forums/p/557/3597.aspx#3597 about lancets. If any one is interested in reading it. This topic was brought up at some point.

This has happened to me too......makes me wonder why I stuck my finger in the first place....another thing I love is when you try to stick your finger and nothing comes out....then you stick it again....and again....and still nothing.......yeah, that's a good time!!!

Oy vey. We've haven't had any of these experience...yet. I can hardly wait!

[quote user="Sarah"]

Ughh that happens to me all the time!! Sometimes, I don't even need to *** my finger, I'll just squeeze it and blood comes out. I've always just tested on my left hand since I'm right-handed, so I've got a million holes in the fingers on my left hand...

[/quote]

Yeah that happens to me too where you can just randomly squeeze a finger and get it to bleed.

Creeps me out thinking that my fingers are that easy to get crap into.  Working in an E.R. makes me paranoid about that.  Whenever I test at work I hold pressure on the spot way longer just hoping that it doesn't stay "open" to the hospital world.

Ideen,

As often as I test (and with the number of years I've been doing it) - I always thought it was normal: Squeeze finger - get blood.  I guess that doesn't happen to non-D's, eh? LOL

Cheers!

A-D

I test 10 x each day.  I start on my left thumb and move my way accross and the last one of the day is the right thumb.  Once for every finger.  This system works for me, but sure I have the same issue occasionally as well.

Sometimes I am really glad I get multiple holes going, cuz I can't get enough blood out of one to do a test, but I combine 2 or 3.... lol

For some weird reason I've never tested my thumbs, I know my dad never did either so my fingers get pretty rough at times and yes, it happens to me all the time too. I check 6 times a day and have for years.

This has never happen 2 me. O_O
But I can imagine it and EWWW lol D:

that does creep me out but what is worse is at diabetes camp me and my bestfriend were canoeing and we droped out lancetes out of reach so we just squeezed our fingers to see if we could get any blood to come out of one of the holes it did nough said it was pretty messed

This has happened to me many times over the years.  :)