Kind of Funny, Kind of Sad

Okay so I know I am not the only one who this happens to, but I haven't had anyone else to ask.  So, how many of you go to check your blood sugar and after you prick your finger, blood starts coming out of MULTIPLE holes??  I usually laugh because I mean, come on, that is just silly!  Anyway, just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone else has this happen to them a lot.  

Haha, yep, it happens sometimes!

sometimes i don't have to poke my finger. i just squeeze and blood squirts out. life of a diabetic :op

Connect the dots to make a constellation.

yes! also, once, blood was just not coming out. then, there was a squirt and a drop of blood squirted into theair. it was a very tiny drop

Oh yes.  Many times.

Funny side note: This kid from my school asked me if he could check his blood sugar, so I let him, but he had to prick his finger 9 times before he could get enough blood for it to work.  It was so funny because then he went to the bathroom to wash all the blood off his hands and kept asking when his fingers would be healed.  Naive people :)

Never happened to me unless I use the same finger the same day but never when I rotate them.

Happens all of the time. Sad thing is that I prefer punching new ones for their convenience than using the old ones. Worst situation: I left the finger sticker at the house for a trip on a train...and I was running very high...so I used a sewing kit needle to check the bs. Blar.

I tend to overuse the same three digits. I also only type with those same three digits, minus the fourth; maybe some day it will be revealed that this is some manner of brain anomaly. Who knows...

I call a spurter a geyser. Thar she blows...

Brandy W.,

Yes!!! And my other personal favorite?  One of the fingers on the squeezing hand starts to bleed so I was dripping blood onto the finger that was supposed to be used for the test...

This has happened a lot less since I've been on the CGM because I'm testing many fewer times per day.  Rotate or not, 14-16 ppd (pokes per day) and they'd leak when they wanted to, hehehe

Great post!

Cheers!

A-D

FOR ME IT'S SIMPLER WHEN THAT HAPPENS.  THEN I DON'T HAVE TO STICK MY POOR FINGERS QUITE SO MUCH.  BEFORE I STICK MY FINGER OF THE DAY I SQUEEZE IT FIRST TO SEE IF BLOOD COMES OUT WITHOUT STICKING IT.  IT WORKS WAY TOO OFTEN, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I'D LIKE SOMETIMES.  I'VE BEEN DIABETIC FOR A BIT MORE THAN 32 YEARS.

[quote user="CHLjoe"]

Never happened to me unless I use the same finger the same day but never when I rotate them.

[/quote]

Agreed.

I was careless the other day and used the same finger three times when I was about to go for a fourth I realized it would still bleed with pressure. When I rotate though it is never a problem.

i agree too, the problem is that i can never remember which finger i used last, so i'm certain i have a tendency to use the same ones over and over.

i don't remember things. :op

all the time!

Brandy W. That happens to me all the time! I laugh because i think its funny... and my mom just looks at me like im weird ahha

I test on my arms, so I just have ugly bruises all over my arms!!!

I rotate through my fingers, and it still happens. When I was pregnant and testing ~16 times a day, I didn't even have to prick anymore...