In a week

Next Tues. aug. 03 2010 it will be 2 years since I was dx'ed in ICU. Just seems like my life has changed so much. I was thinking about how much is different.

I now wake and the first thing I do is check my bs. My life seems to center around my meter Dracula. Yes that is what I call my meter. LOL The past 2 years I have gotten to know my body so well. I know who Banting, Best, Macleod and Collip are. Just so many changes.

It's not been all bad. My a1c went from 13.8 to 5.7, I eat so much better and truthfully I feel better than I have in quite a few years (decades LOL).

I am still in a small group as there aren't many that get dx'ed as late as I did. I guess I am just a big kid. lol

And the best thing about being type 1 Diabetic is you people!!!!!! Thanks for everything.

we like you keith :o) we'll keep you around for awhile.

Amazing A1C turnaround!

And yep, type 1 can happen at any age, which is why it's seldom called juvenile onset anymore.  :)

Keith, u are a peson that we like to have around....

[quote user="Khendra"]

Amazing A1C turnaround!

And yep, type 1 can happen at any age, which is why it's seldom called juvenile onset anymore.  :)

[/quote]

Hey Khendra,

Like the new picture!!!

Keith, congratulations on your 2'd D anniversary. I have read about two people bin their 80's being diagnosed with T1D. You are just a baby compared to them. Lol!

Haha, thanks.  The short hair has been a hit so far with everyone who's seen it.

[quote user="Richard Vaughn"]

Keith, congratulations on your 2'd D anniversary. I have read about two people bin their 80's being diagnosed with T1D. You are just a baby compared to them. Lol!

[/quote]

That's incredible.  I wonder what the oldest age is for type 1 diagnosis?  That info must be around somewhere - I'll see if I can Google it.

[quote user="C"]

we like you keith :o) we'll keep you around for awhile.

[/quote]

Ohhhh, So sweet Thanks C

[quote user="Richard Vaughn"]

[/quote]

Yea, weird huh?? I myself have met one, he was 83 when he was dx'ed. I meet a lot more like you Richard, dx'ed as a child or young adult.

Keith you liven the place up with your humor thats for sure. Glad you are around to do so.