Twenty Five Years

This past Saturday marked 25 years with type 1, for me. I'd like you all to know that I celebrated with cupcakes and wine. :)

I also got copies of my medical records from when I was diagnosed, and plan to submit them to the Joslin Diabetes Center for the 25-year certificate.

Happy diaversary to me!

Here's hoping for 25 more glorious years!

Thanks! :)

Congratulations! Today is my 3 year Diaversary! To be honest, it kind of feels like it's been forever. I can't imagine 25 years, although I know I'll see it one day! 

A T1 soldier  for 25 years; God Bless!  I hope you had a wonderful day!  I didnt know they gave out certificates, thats really nice too :)

Way to go Kim!! You are a winner. Keep up the good work.

[quote user="Caterina"]

A T1 soldier  for 25 years; God Bless!  I hope you had a wonderful day!  I didnt know they gave out certificates, thats really nice too :)

[/quote]

Not only do they award certificates for 25 years, they also award a bronze medal for 50 years. There will be a meeting of 50-Year Medalists in Boston on June 3-4, 2011. I have heard that around 100 medalists have made reservations to attend. So, you all have something to look forward to in future years.

Tom

Congrats Kim ! Those cupcakes look yummy : )   

heck i didnt know either. im approaching year 27 now diagnosed at 9yo am 36

Kim,

Congrats!  Thanks for reminding me, I have those records meant to submit - never got around to it, LOL - It looks like a great way to celebrate and those cupcakes look AMAZING - I hope they find a cure one of these days but 'til then, I hope all your anniversaries are happy ones!

Cheers!

A-D

Thanks, all!