Humalog and novolog

i know that they are basically the same insulin. the only difference is they are made by different companies.

but i use both humalog and novolog.. well i recently started doing this. my doctor at my last endo appt gave me a few humalog samples so im using them. i am still going to use novolog but i wanna see if the humalog has an effect on my sugars (hopefully a positive effect :-)

is it good to interchange insulins like this????

I have heard from some that they get better results from one over the other. I personally switched from Humalog to Novolog some years ago and did not notice any difference. My Endo did tell me while I was pregnant that Novolog is better during pregnancy. That was a while ago and I cannot remember his reasoning for it.  Let us know what results you have. I'd be interested to see. Good luck!

I don't think there's a problem unless you mix them in the syringes. But I like Novalog better.

[quote user="Amie Meenk"]

I have heard from some that they get better results from one over the other. I personally switched from Humalog to Novolog some years ago and did not notice any difference. My Endo did tell me while I was pregnant that Novolog is better during pregnancy. That was a while ago and I cannot remember his reasoning for it.  Let us know what results you have. I'd be interested to see. Good luck!

[/quote]

Huh, I used humalog while I was pregnant. Luckily, A. only came out w/ 9 fingers and 12 toes, lol.

I personally would want to decide on one type and keep with it in case one worked better for me. Then, I'd know how it was affecting me...

A friend recently told me her endo said novolog is supposed to be better in pumps because it gets clogged less. No idea if that's true. Maybe someone else has heard about that?

I switched from humalog to novolog a few years ago. I don't remember any major differences. But I DO remember I was seriously concerned about switching cold turkey. My endo assured me there wasn't going to be a problem.

there is more of a difference between the two. i started out on novolog and it wasn't that good. then i changed endo's and my new one put me on humalog and my numbers were better. different insulin works on different people.

i switched from humalog to novolog back in september or october. i've noticed a slight improvement in my blood sugars (not sure on the reasoning). i was on humalog for about 10 years, so i'm guessing my body just needed a change.