Differences with switching from Novolog & Humalog

I was wondering if anyone has had to switch to Humalog after using Novolog.  My new insurance prefers that I use Humalog.  I have been using Novolog for at least 10 years and I have been reading that the two act a little different.  I am afraid that it will mess with my basal and boluses if I switch.  Just curious if anyone has had any experience with the pump and these 2 insulins.

I switched from Novolog to Humolog years ago before I was on the pump.  Multiple injections back then.  I didn't notice any difference between the two.  My doctor said it probably wouldn't matter, but asked me to watch to be safe.  

Hey Gina,

I did the opposite - I switched from Humalog to Novolog after using H for about 4 years. At the time my Dr told me the Novolog does a better job at limiting the peak of the post-meal highs. I didn't notice much of a difference, and (if you havn't switched already) probably won't notice much either, since they are both fast-acting.

On the other hand, there's really no reason for your insurance to prefer one over the other - they are both in the same category of fast-acting insulin. If for some reason the Humalog doesn't work for you, your Dr can mandate that you need the Novolog and they would have to cover it.

I did the opposite and switched from Humalog to Novolog a few years back because I read somewhere that Novolog handled the heat better (it gets +100 degrees here).  I never noticed any difference in the peak though.

I also did the oppposite. Went from Humalog to Novolog and noticed nothing different at all. I think my insurance made me switch, but it was quite a few years ago and I can't remember.