How?

I have had diabetes for years but I am still afraid to do anything and its so much. I am almost 15. What to do? I recently was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I was and am so overwhelmed. I just need help and I have no other ideas than this…
So I hope you guys will let me open up. I am sick of feeling alone. My head my head is spinning and I dont want your pity, just support…
I am sorry… I am just being honest…
SORRY!!

Hi!

My name is Daniella. I’m 17 and I’ve had diabetes for 6 years now. Feeling alone is a common symptom of diabetes because we feel isolated from the nondiabetics who dont understand the stress, pain and exhaustion of diabetes. Diabetes is not easy, nice, friendly neither a joy and is really hard for others to understand. I tend to miss a lot of school because of my diabetes and someone asked me how it could be possible for someone to miss so much school for something so small. I struggle with my diabetes daily physically, emotionally and mentally. Its a terrible disease and your NOT the only one who is sick of ALL of IT. Every 3 months or so, I get what I call diabetes depression: I cry over the stress, terrors, and pains of diabetes. This is COMPLETELY normal for teens with diabetes. I and plenty of diabetics I know continually go and battle through this. You are NOT alone!

P.S. This site you’ll soon find is comforting and supportive for diabetics. I have never felt more empowered and comforted as a diabetic on this sign: you came to the right place!

Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to :slight_smile:

Daniella

Hey, I know how you feel, I’m Sebastian, I’m fifteen and have had diabetes for almost nine years. I’ve had depression and anxiety for a long time . You can message me if you want on here, but my Kik, Snugglyemo666 (Please don’t judge it’s an old Kik I’m not like that anymore :disappointed_relieved:) I’d love to talk sometime.

Hi! I’m fifteen, as well. I’ve been type one since age four, and was diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety and social anxiety. It’s a struggle and it has made me often feel isolated when with my other friends, because they don’t always understand. But snapchatting my diabetic friends and complaining helps, and so does camp. One of the best methods I’ve found for when I feel this way is my dia-tumblr. There is an amazing community on there and we are all similar in our diagnoses. Check that out if you’re interested.
Also, I may not know how it is to be diagnosed as a teen, but I know how it is to have diabetes. We all do. Message me if you’d like, I may suck at responding, but I’ll get back to you. :slight_smile: You’ll get through this and come out stronger. My diabetes has been a struggle, but it has definitely made me a better person, and I think you will find that strength, as well.
Keep your head up, as hard as it may seem, and get in touch with me. :slight_smile:
-Cassidy

Hi Cassidy i am emily i am 13 and i was scared when i was told i had diabetes and i sm still scared to do somethings to if you want to talk i am here

Hi!! I’m Ceci. I’m so so sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling upset and lonely. Diabetes can be a total pain so I totally get where you’re coming from. I got diagnosed almost 12 years ago so I’m not sure how it feels for someone who is so new to all of this but I can definitely try to relate. This sadness happens to all us diabetics! (not sure if thats supposed to make you feel better :slight_smile: maybe just less alone). Every time I have an endocrinologist appointment, I cry the whole car ride home. I know it’s not fair that we have to deal with this but it really helps to think about the positives. For example, you will always have an interesting fact about yourself if anyone asks. Talking to your teachers about your diabetes and letting them know also gives you a chance to have a better and more personal relationship with them. You also get the opportunities to inspire lots of people with your amazing everyday bravery and change the lives of others. I hope I was able to make you feel a little bit better! Definitely message me if you ever need someone to talk to, I’d love to make more diabetic friends.

Ceci