Hello!

Hello,

My 13 year old son was diagnosed with Type I on May 9th.   I'm looking forward to talking with others who have experienced what we are experiencing. 

Ali

Welcome to Juvenation :o) This is one of the best places to find support, information, and personal experiences. We're pretty excited to see you on here with us!

Welcome!! Me, I am not much on the young dx. I was dx'ed at 52. But I do have experience..

Hi Ali! My daughter was 10 when she was diagnosed about 14 months ago. I remember how completely overwhelmed I felt during those first few months, but I can tell you that it does get easier. Sarah got an insulin pump last September and a Dexcom CGM recently, and those are helping tremendously. But even when she was on shots, we quickly found that she could continue to be Sarah and do what Sarah's always done. She amazes me every day with her sunny disposition and strength. And while we've had our ups and downs, it really hasn't been nearly as bad as we were led to believe. It takes work, sure, but it's completely doable.

Welcome! I'm so glad to meet you. This is an amazingly wonderful community of helpful people - and is absolutely one of the reasons I'm still mostly sane. :-)

Thanks for the welcome messages.  It's hard to know where to start on this site, but I can already see that it will be a great source of information and support.  :)

Hello Ali,

I'm new as well. To the site I mean. My daughter wad diagnosed coming up on 4 years ago this Aug. I found this site after having one of the worst weekends ever this past weekend with her diabetes. I to am looking for a place to meet others and share our exp and just vent about this to someone that really understand.

Welcome! I'm 13 ans was diagnosed August of 2010, so about 8 months now! It DOES get easier and more manageable. especially after a while when you can choose to get an insulin pump. Again welcome and always ask any questions! :) We'd love to help all we can!