Haha, this is weird but...has this happened to anyone?

Okay, so this past weekend we were at my uncle's lake house and i forgot my bug spray and got a ton of bug bites on my legs (nothing on my arms or anywhere else...hum...interesting). But it seems like in my family I'm always the one who gets the most bug bites. We joke about it and say that it's because I'm diabetic and have more sugar in my blood but I'm starting to wonder if it's true. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

And here I thought I was special!  I am a favorite of mosquitos as well.  :(

mosquitos love me too! but so do fleas...whenever my cats had fleas, i was the only one in the family who would get bitten..and usually...they bite me more than once at a time. lol my mom also used to tell me it's because my blood is so sweet..but we never joked about my blood being sweet cuz i have diabetes.

I get sooooo many mosquito bites if I go outside for more than 30 mins at night time. A few weeks ago I had a total of over 60 bites on my legs alone and about 15 or so on my arms! I wasn't diagnosed until I was 19 and I've always gotten bit up really bad, so I'm not sure if its because our blood is actually sweeter or not. but my mom would always say its because my blood is so sweet, way before I got diabetes! haha

Wow this happens to me all the time.  Sometimes I'll only be outside for 5 or 10 mintues with my pug and I'll get about 20 bites.  It's crazy.

A week before I was diagnosed I got tons of bug bites because my blood sugars were sooo high haha but if you eat garlic they usually stay away

YES.! whenever i go to india i get bug bites only on legs, & i always have the most bug bites compared to my family!!

We can all go outside ad Riley will end up covered in bits and nobody else. They also seem to last longer on her now than a bit would have before.

I guess I am the odd one. I NEVER get bit by mosquitoes. I always though they didnt like me because I was diabetic.  I thought it was maybe that gross insulin smell. I know if I was a mosquito and I got that insulin smell I would fly on over to the next person. lol

Well, I guess we're the weird ones. My son and I, who don't have diabetes, can be in a room with 100 people and 1 mosquito and it will find us! We can't go outside without covering ourselves in bug spray. On the other hand, my son who DOES have diabetes hardly gets bit. My grandma used to joke with me when I was little and say it's 'cause I'm so sweet. :)

i have that problem too!! no one gets them as bad as i do. maybe it does have to do with diabetics... hmm it's weird.

I swear that bugs are attracted to me also....but I believe it's because of my lotion and/or perfume.  It could also be hair spray.  My relatives think I am crazy, because I am always swatting at the air to get them away.  They only seem to be attracted to me:(

I am bitten by all the vampires: mosquitoes, biting flies, chiggers and fleas. There are many reports all over the country now about about bed bugs. That makes me afraid to stay at a motel when I travel. The other members of my family are rarely bitten. I do know, however, that some non-diabetics are bitten too. I wonder if they are diabetics too, and have not been diagnosed??? Lol! Maybe we have stumbled onto a new way of diagnosing diabetes. Put a group of people into a room, release 100 or so mosquitoes, and those bitten badly are diabetics? Lol! OK, enough of my nonsense.

I cannot go to a beach. I get badly bitten by sand fleas. Did you know there are fleas in the sand on beaches? I have not been on a beach for at least 20 years.

[quote user="Richard Vaughn"]

I cannot go to a beach. I get badly bitten by sand fleas. Did you know there are fleas in the sand on beaches? I have not been on a beach for at least 20 years.

[/quote]

YES!!! I live near the beach. The worst part is that you can't see the little suckers and I swear the sunblock attracts then even more! I had sand in my yard where I used to live too and my poor little boy got bit by them all the time. :( Those biting flies probably sting the worst.

I never get bitten.  Like others, always thought that my diabetic blood was unappealing to mosquitos.  Guess we're always quick to use diabetes to explain any strangeness in our lives.

[quote user="LeahMarie"]

Okay, so this past weekend we were at my uncle's lake house and i forgot my bug spray and got a ton of bug bites on my legs (nothing on my arms or anywhere else...hum...interesting). But it seems like in my family I'm always the one who gets the most bug bites. We joke about it and say that it's because I'm diabetic and have more sugar in my blood but I'm starting to wonder if it's true. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

[/quote]

Fleas bite me like CRAZY.  I am an absolute flea MAGNET.  When my cat gets them, it's bad news for me as well - I will get about ten to twenty a day if she isn't given flea medicine immediately!  No crap!  They like me almost as much as they love animals!

Oddly enough, I've never received a mosquito bite in my life, though.  Mom always teases me because mosquitoes love her, but I could almost swear that I could walk into a storm of mosquitoes and not get bitten.  A storm of fleas?  Well, my life would be over, lol.

Mosquitoes love to bite me : ). I hate being outside in the summer for that reason only.

I was out hiking today, and it was a swarm around me! I don't get it either :P

I am and always have been the worse with mosquito bites.  My legs get COVERED with them every summer, and there is nothing i can do about it.  My mom used to say i have "sweet blood"!!

Of course I'm the same way! I usually get them all over my legs and maybe one or two occasionally on my arms.