Freestyle Libre- won't stay on

Is there some way to keep the Libre on? My son gave up on it because it kept falling off-in the shower, etc. Thanks!

Hi. There’s a discussion titled Freestyle Libre - Allergic Reaction - #14 by Michigan2012 - Technology & Management - JDRF TypeOneNation Community Forum. It’s a little off topic but if you scroll through the responses, people found some creative solutions that helped keep theirs in place.

1 Like

thank you! I’ll look into that.

Jemma,
I am very new to the cgm but i have been using Skin Tac liquid. So I place the sensor and then put the Skin Tac liquid around the sensor sticker. Then I use a patch with a hole cut out for the sensor. I have only tried one kind so far and it is called “fixic patches” I found on Amazon. The edges will fray a little over time but I get at least 2 weeks of use from one placement. The Skin Tac is extremely sticky and holds the patches on like glue. Hasn’t irritated my skin either. Although I found removing them it is necessary to get the Skin Tac remover. Without it the patches stick too well!

1 Like

thanks very much, I’ll look into these products.

I use the Skin Tac wipes, wiping them on the site, let dry and apply the sensor. No more loose sensors. And quite convenient. Time to remove it…baby oil works quite well.

1 Like

thank you, that’s very helpful.

I also use skin tac which also comes in a bottle that lasts for years.

2 Likes

thanks very much, will try that

Have been using CGM since it was first developed. I am T1D x 61 years. Very physically active. Also work in medicine.
Medical grade adhesive (Hypafix tape) works well over the sensor. I cut it into and oval and cover the sensor/transmitter. Don’t have to use any skin tack or pre tape so long as ski is dry. Will not come off in shower or with perspiration. If it does you can always reinforce it.
Tape is usually not irritating to skin.

1 Like

thanks so much, where would I buy this tape?

Yes there is I ordered libre adhesive from amazon

1 Like

thanks, I appreciate the info!

If you have issues finding tape in the store or online, check with your medical supplier. I got alcohol swabs from mine - had to get an RX for the insurance part but it was covered! Don’t know about adhesives but it may be worth a try.

1 Like

anything we can get covered is much needed. I will check into it, thank you!

I swear by Simpatch bandages. Sometimes I have to replace or reinforce the bandage, but I haven’t had a sensor fall off since I started using them.

2 Likes

I appreciate that, thank you. Amazon Canada doesn’t have the in stock unfortunately, so I’ll do a search.

Should be readily available via Google search. I use 4” x 11 yards. I cut off as much as I need to cover the sensor and transmitter. I find using an oval shape very effective. This one roll of tape will last a long time.
“Hypafix”
Made in Germany

1 Like

thank you, I will look for it

In preparation for upgrading to Dexcom’s G6 I decided to get some tape, just in case, and found one called Simpatch on Amazon. I put it on over my G5 a few days ago and it’s working very well - sticking well, no discomfort or allergic reactions for me, and no curled or dirty edges which I’ve found with some tapes. They make them for the Libre and they have some fun colors.

1 Like