Feeling really frustrated and disappointed!

Lately my sugars have been high, up to the 200, my highest has been 266 and I guess it's just getting me really frustrated and disppointed, because I'be been counting my carbs, eating snacks in between, even doing extra exercise and they still wont go down. Today it all hit me and I broke down and cried, thinking that is not fair, why isn't it going down? Sometimes I even think I should skip a meal and exercise instead, which is NOT healthy. I know, but I can't seem to shake this feeling off. I keep telling myself that I can do this and that I'm strong, but it's really frustrating sometimes. Anyway just my venting for today. I feel like no one in my family knows how it feels and what better place to vent then here, type one nation! :)

Daisy,

We have all been there! Don't get frustrated, do your best, write everything down!  You should try to keep in contact with your doctor and CDE on a weekly basis through faxing or emailing or on the phone. They can help you figure out why your blood sugars aren't coming down and it will be easy for them to help you figure it out if you have a blood sugar, food and exercise log. Have you checked for ketones? Because Exercising while your blood sugars are high can cause them and your blood sugars will to stay that way until you take care of it. You shouldn't really exercise if your blood is over 250 anyway. That is what my doctor has always told me.

Are you on a pump? Because if you are it will be pretty easy to figure out if your basal is off by doing some basal testing at certain times of the day. Anyway I hope that this has helped some? Let me know if you need anything, I am always around!

I so understand that! I've had weeks and weeks of three-hundred and even FOUR-hundred blood sugars ... no matter what kind of steps I took to prevent and treat those kinds of numbers. Do NOT worry, please; I'm sure your blood sugars will go down and you'll be just fine. It's a really upsetting cycle: high sugars make you stressed and stress makes you high. But you'll be just fine!!!

Sometimes insulin needs just need to be increased.  It's not a bad thing, it's just part of having diabetes.

The other short-term triggers for high blood sugars are fighting off a sickness, stress and PMS.  

If you have high sugars for 3 days in a row at the same time, call your doctor or, if you're comfortable doing it on your own, increase your insulin dose.  

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I just took some time to think positive and breathe and with the help of my friends and family and of coarse type one nation I’m feeling better. I had a doctor appointment today and they changed some settings on my pump. Hopefully my sugars will go down.

Daisy,

I am sure they will go down and don't forget to write down everything so your doctor can help you !

Daisy, The most frustrating part about diabetes is that you can do everything "right" and still go high. In the end, there are only certain things that we can control. So you have to remember not to beat yourself up over the factors you CAN'T control (For example- if I ask you to close your eyes really tight and modulate your adrenaline levels, could you? Nope. Me either).

I'm glad your doc has helped you recalibrate your pump settings. We've had to do it countless times as our daughter has grown, because hormones, growth spurts, athletic seasons all change from year to year and month to month. It's good to keep changing your diabetes regimen  because your life will keep changing too.

We've all been there and understand that you're doing everything you can to stay healthy. You are not your BG number. And for heaven's sake, make sure you don't fall into the trap of blaming yourself for a high number when you do your best.