Families Needed for T1D Study

My name is Jessica Preciado and I am a graduate student at California State University San Marcos and fellow T1 Diabetic for over 15 years! I am conducting my graduate thesis on how families manage diabetes, under the direction of Professor Sharon Hamill, Ph.D. I am looking at families who have adolescents with type 1 diabetes. The focus of this research is on mother, father, adolescent family triads in an effort to fill a gap in research; most studies focus on mothers only and few consider the family context of type 1 diabetes.

If you have been in a heterosexual relationship for at least one year and have an adolescent child with type 1 diabetes (aged 13-18; freshman-senior aged), you may be eligible! *NOTE: The study focuses on heterosexual couples only due to possible geographic differences in community supports for homosexual couples (i.e., some communities may be more or less supportive of homosexual couples and this may impact family members’ responses). All participants who complete a survey will be awarded $5! (Maximum $15 per family). If you and your family would like to learn more about this study and/or participate, please contact me at preci012@cougars.csusm.edu or you can visit my info webpage https://preci012.wixsite.com/my-site as well :).

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.