T1D Thesis Research

Hello T1D Community,

My name is Jessica Smith and I am a former JDRF employee, from the Northern California Inland Chapter, as well as a T1D myself. I am currently a graduate student at DePaul University’s School of Public Service finishing my Master in Nonprofit Management degree. For my thesis project, I am examining the support network of teenagers living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) and the effect this support has on their health management.

This survey is intended for adults, 18 years and older, who have been living with T1D since childhood; you will be asked to reflect back on the support you received, and how you managed your diabetes during your teenage years, ages 12-17.

In this study, you will be asked to complete an electronic survey. In order to ensure that all information will remain confidential, please do not include your name. Your participation in this study is completely voluntary and you are free to withdraw your participation at any time. If you choose to participate in this project, please answer all questions as honestly as possible. The following questionnaire should take no more than 10minutes to complete. There is no compensation for responding, nor is there any known risk.

Thank you for taking the time to assist me in my educational endeavors. The data collected will provide useful information regarding teenagers living with T1D. Completion of the survey will indicate your willingness to participate in this study. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact me at the information listed below.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Jessica A. Smith

Master in Nonprofit Management Candidate 2013, DePaul University

T1Dcapstone@gmail.com

To complete the survey please click the link below:

depaul.qualtrics.com/SE