Diabetes camp

has anybody ever been to a diabetes camp??

not yet!

I went when i was younger. It was great. I still remember a lot of friends from camp. I am 32 yrs old now though so im sure they have changed!

My son is leaving today for his first expereince at Diabetes camp. I'll let you know next Friday, when I pick him up, how it went. I'm sooooo nervous for him!

My son is leaving today for his first expereince at Diabetes camp. I'll let you know next Friday, when I pick him up, how it went. I'm sooooo nervous for him!

i have been to a diabetes camp. i have been going for 3 years now. it is so much fun. its a great experience because you can talk to other kids your age who are going through the same thing you are going through and you can relate to each other. 

Yes, and it is an awesome experience.  This year will be my 6th year going...you get to meet so many people in the same exact situation as you.  When I am at camp, I don't feel alone in diabetes.  I also feel like I can talk to my new friends or counselors about anything and they will understand without questioning me.  If you have a chance to go, I would definitly recommend it.

Just got last week from working as a counselor at one.

That was my 12th year at that camp, and without one bit of doubt it's been the best thing to happen to my life with diabetes.

99% of people who have been to a diabetes camp will tell you it's the coolest thing ever.  Find one and go!

Yeah, I went in 6th grade. :) It was a really great experience. I remember the place having really good food and lots of awesome activities (I decorated my pump case with sequins and whatnot haha). The counselors were awesome and it helped me become more responsible for my own care, even though there were tons of people always there to help out with whatever you needed. I'd definitely say to try it at least once. :)

yea ive been goin for a couple years.. i go on weekends too when i can bring a nondiabetic friend with me... camp is like the funnest part of my summer cause it lasts 8 days :P