Diabetes and the Brain study!

Hi! I hope all is well! My name is Kate and I’ve been a Type 1 Diabetic for over 13 years. As part of my undergraduate degree in Cognitive Behavioral Neuroscience at the College of Wooster, I am conducting research on cognition in Type 1 Diabetics. I am looking for participants over 18 years of age that are Type 1 Diabetics. If you agree to participate, you will complete a questionnaire on your diabetes and several short cognitive tasks (essentially brain games). This is an online study that can be done from the comfort of your home. All information will be anonymous and take approximately 30 minutes to complete. If you have any questions please contact me at kwitt17@wooster.edu Thank you!

https://www.testable.org/experiment/1201/761339/start

As a fellow student of psychology I am so intrigued by your research! I completed the questionnaire and cognitive tasks, hopefully this will help create a solid control group even though my sugar was right on the cusp (83). Best of luck with your degree and can’t wait to see what more solid research studies than those currently available have to say on the relationship between cognition and t1d.

1 Like

thank you so much!! I will be completed with this study and have the results by the end of march. I will let you know the results!

1 Like

Please update. I am very curious in results.

Hope things have gone well with your study. I’ve had diabetes for over 60 years now. I did my Ph.D. In the area of diabetes management and went on to practice neuropsychology and behavioral medicine. There is a body of research in the area you are pursuing; two issues are most important - both persistent hyperglycemia and episodic hypoglycemia. Interesting stuff, but tough to read when you have Type 1.

Best of luck to you! Let us know what you discover.

Bill