Dexcom G6 and Apple Watch

Does anyone know how close Dexcom is with having the Apple Watch direct connect to the Dexcom and not have to need a phone to relay? Just curious if we’ll see it this year.

Hi John @Buffalotypeone, the Apple Watch [minimum] OS: 3.0 is currently working with the G6.
At least that is what it says on the Dexcom page; contact technical help.

Yes, but I believe you still need to have an iPhone for it to relay the data to the watch, correct? I was hoping for a setup where the Dexcom would talk directly to the watch without having to have the phone involved.

That’s correct. You have to have the phone connected to use the watch. I read an article last week that said the release which would allow the dexcom to use the watch as a receiver was due this year. If I can find the article I’ll post the link.

1 Like

Hi John,
Yes, you are correct. When I have my watch on, sometimes even if I walk into a different room in my house and leave the phone in another room it disconnects. It would be great if they could make the watch a separate receiver!

Thank you! I spoke to Dexcom last week to replace a sensor and the tech said this feature would be out by the end of the year.

1 Like

Hey guys
Just wanted to see if anyone had any updates to this, it’s been over a year and I can’t find any developments from Dexcom.

Here’s some info posted by Dexcom several days ago - it says you do have to include your iPhone for the “connection.” I don’t know if there are any changes with the Series 6 watch our not.

Thank you Wadawabbit
That’s such a shame that things haven’t moved on. I think they maybe saving that feature for the G7 perhaps…

I guess time will tell (sigh).