Dear Diabetes

Dear diabetes:

It was fun while it lasted, but I don't think we're right for each other.  You see, I don't think our goals align very well.  You always want to do one thing... like, send me up to 461 mg/dl in the morning, and I always want to do another... like, live my life without constant worry.  You absolutely ruined my day today and I really feel like you are bringing me down.

Things were OK at first, but I can honestly say that I am sick of you.  When you "act out", it really gets me depressed.  This morning was supposed to be a very productive one, but now I am so mad that you drove me up the wall (to 461 mg/dl) that I can't focus on anything but how much I hate you.

It was fun while it lasted... but, I'm really sorry, I'm breaking up with you.  Don't call, text, talk to, or bolus me ever again.

Sincerely,

MadEvans

Well MadEvans,

I completely agree with you & your outlook today. Maybe it should become almost like a reminder to us. I think that I'm going to have to come back to this on a daily basis for moral support(if it's cool with you!!)

CJ

Sorry to hear the D isn't treating you better today... but, this part cracked me up:

[quote user="Mad Evans"]

Don't call, text, talk to, or bolus me ever again.

[/quote]

So, thank you for that.

I feel this way today too!  And I'm usually able to stay pretty upbeat about it and not let D get me down, but I'm having issues this morning that are very GRRR-inducing.  Glad to know I'm not alone.  Thanks for the chuckle!

i've tried breaking up with D several times, but it's a stalker. just keeps coming back.

[quote user="C"]

i've tried breaking up with D several times, but it's a stalker. just keeps coming back.

[/quote]

sounds like an abusive relationship. maybe a restraining order is in the works?

[quote user="Pat"]

sounds like an abusive relationship. maybe a restraining order is in the works?

[/quote]

i fear what might happen

I think I will attach it to a deer and make the deer run into oncoming traffic.  But then again, that would not be so good to the deer...John, the gorilla that lives inside my head, would find it very tasty with some peanut butter and watermelon glucose tabs. 

katie, is your blood sugar low?

:o)

[quote user="C"]

katie, is your blood sugar low?

:o)

[/quote]

Ha!  I wondered the same thing... although, when I am actually low, I hate it when people ask me that question.

too funny, kim because i'm completely the same way :o) i was hoping no one would be offended since it's a website for diabetics :o)

Apparently diabetes has been cheating on you cuz its caught up with me as well but D just won't get out of my life no matter how many times I tell D to go away.  Apparently I need to take some drastic measures and get a restraining order or possibly a new identity.

C... Kim.  That makes me soooo mad when my friends ask me that.  "How's your blood sugar?"  UGH.  Just ask a general question... like, "are you alright?"  If I start laughing uncontrollably or saying weird things.  But, DO NOT, ask me specificaly if 'my blood sugar is low'.

Kthx.

[quote user="andie_fall4you"]

Apparently diabetes has been cheating on you cuz its caught up with me as well but D just won't get out of my life no matter how many times I tell D to go away.  Apparently I need to take some drastic measures and get a restraining order or possibly a new identity.

[/quote]

Diabetes is a tramp!

[quote user="Pat"]

Diabetes is a tramp!

[/quote]

ha! it's a lot of things... stalker, tramp, and abuser are just a few of them. someone should start a post about one word characteristics to describe diabetes. that could be fun. :D

good post Mad :) and do that post C...may have to use some of those ***** though when I add my word-depending on the day :)

[quote user="Pat"]

[quote user="andie_fall4you"]

[/quote]

Diabetes is a tramp!

[/quote]

What a hussy.

[quote user="C"]

[quote user="Pat"]

Diabetes is a tramp!

[/quote]

ha! it's a lot of things... stalker, tramp, and abuser are just a few of them. someone should start a post about one word characteristics to describe diabetes. that could be fun. :D

[/quote]

So it will be a continuation of the "Let's Play a Game" thing?

I suppose, yes. It would be diabetes word association.

lmao im cracking up at everyones responses .. i had the "are u low thing last night" i walk in after the gym tired hungry (NOT LOW) my BF is like r u low, no im just being a b!tch, cant blame D for this one!.. that damn tramp lol