Cross fit

Surprisingly I wasn't sore today.  A little more tired than usual though.  I like that Metcon you are doing. We are suppose to get some rowers at our training center soon so once we get them I am going to try that one.  Took today off after yesterday's WOD.  However tomorrow I am going to try to get this one in:

Run 400m
21 Thrusters (45 lbs)
21 push ups
Run 400m
15 Thrusters
15 push ups
Run 400m
9 Thrusters
9 push ups

I don't mind thrusters so much as I mind the KB swings. Sure get tiring after awhile though. Gotta mix thrusters in with box jumps and then your legs are crying for it to stop :0

totally unrelated, sorta...but i ended up making the front page of ours today haha...did i mention i hate bear crawls?

http://www.southbaltimorecf.com

Looked like you were working hard in that picture Pat.  Here was my WOD:

1 minute mountain climbers
1 minute push presses
1 minute sumo deadlift high pull
1 minute GHD situps
20 seconds rest between each exercise
20 rounds total

then did 20 seconds pushup, three rounds with 10 seconds rest in between each round.

Blood sugar before workout was 123, after was 88.  Gave me a headache.

Are you on a pump? My glucose never drops when I do the MetCon...

Tonight is just 1x5 of deadlift

3 x 10-15 of strict pull-ups and

TABATA
DB snatch
pushups

Going to my first Crossfit Intro Class tomorrow morning.  Looking forward to going. 

Pat,

I am not on a pump. Are you? I have always been good on my blood sugar during workouts but  have had two incidents now where I dropped quickly.  Off day today but I was getting in some pushups and damn my abs are sore from yesterday.  I need to work on my deadlifts.  Pretty much on all of my lifts my form sucks. I think I will work some practice in tomorrow along with practicing some turkish get-ups.  Not sure about the metcon though.

Aaron,

Good luck with the crossfit class.  Be careful, once you drink the Kool Aid you are liable to get hooked on it.  Let me know how it goes.

Jason,

I'm on a pump. So I disconnect for some of our workouts...mainly squat and power cleans and then the metcons because my  pump will fall off and it just becomes a pain in the ass to deal with. so when i disconnect my glucose usually goes up. sometimes it stays around normal, other times it crashes. it's very random that way, but i deal.

do you workout at a cross fit or are you just doing crossfit exercises on your lonesome?

also to the person who just started their Foundations classes, enjoy!

Loved the class considering moving on to the next level.  Hope you don't mind me asking.  What is the charge at your facility for a month?  I'm looking at $90 a month.  Which isn't bad but just seems high.

Thanks

Aaron

I don't belong to a gym,  I work out at the training center where I work (I work at a Federal prison).  I have been working out with a couple of co-workers, two of which are level 1 crossfit certified. Some days I work out on my on, it just depends on schedules.  If I had a local crossfit gym I would  probably go but I am happy with what I am doing now.  Today I practiced overhead squats, cleans, and turkish get ups.  Then I did the following:

75 pound squat cleans, 10 reps

21 Elevated push-ups

65 pound squat cleans, 15 reps

15 Elavated push-ups

45 pound squat cleans, 20 reps

9 Elavated push-ups

Followed with 50 wallball slams

By squat clean, do you mean Snatches? Like, basically power cleaning into an overhead squat?

If that's not what it is, please tell me...curious as to how you do it :)

We did 3 rounds of
10 Sandbag Shoulder presses (power clean - alternating shoulders)
10 burpees

pretty simple workout but the burpees kill after you do squats.

regular workout yesterday was

Low bar back squat - 3x5 @ 245
Press - 3x5 @ 145

Yep snatches.

Today I did:

Today was :

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit ups

Then did three rounds of 10 tire flips followed by 200 meter run.

No breaks between exercises on the first group but did have to take a little time to recover on the second set of exercises.

blah 800m run is no bueno!

our metcon last night was pretty tough...

Two Rounds for time:

Row 500m
8 KB snatch (right hand)
8 KB snatch (left hand)
10 burpee pull-ups (burpee and jumping up to the pull-up bar and doing a pull up...)

was so tired after the pull-ups ended up doing kip pull ups

Man, about the only type of pull-ups I do are kipping.  We have two concept 2 rowers on order for our training center, really looking forward to using them.  Today was:

"Kelly"

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Box jump, 24 inch box
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball

yesterday they did "Fran." Glad I had rehearsal and missed it haha.

Today's MetCon looks equally as entertaining, but I'm not sure if I'll be doing it...I am rather sick at the moment. my body won't gain anything from me kililng it while it tries to rest.

2 min wallball (20/16)
1 min rest
2 min KB swings (53/35)
1 min rest
2 min box jumps (24/20)
1 min rest
2 min row (for calories)

I'm not sure I'll be able to do any of it. Definitely want to do the workout though for Press and Back Squat. Pressing 145 or 150 today...should be fun.

Sounds like a tough MetCon.  Don't know exactly how far we were running, but we did sled runs today.  Had a contraption that my buddy made that consists of a tire with 50lb's attached to me by a belt and a rope.  Between the three of us we did a total of 20 rounds.  Then finished with picking up a 140 lb sandbag and doing 10 stepups onto a bench. 

140lb sandbag? that sounds nuts.

I think the heaviest ours go are 75 and that's a pain. especially doing 200-400m with them on your shoulders

We took one of our old inmate property duffle bags and filled it with two 70lb bags of sand.  When I finished with the exercises that day, especially those step-ups with the bag, I was dizzy.  At first I thought it was low blood sugar or a sudden drop but my blood sugar was fine and the other two guys I were working out with had the same feeling.  Took Friday off but feel like I either need to get something in tonight or Sunday morning.  I know I will not be eating well on Super Bowl Sunday.

After a three day lay off and one day of eating myself fat, I was back on track tonight. 

Worked on deadlifts and jerks. Then for a MetCon I did the following:

20 minutes for rounds:

5 pull-ups

10 push ups

15 squats